Brian May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian May

Anyone here have a Brian May guitar? Which version etc?
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

I have several (Burns, Nelsonic) and had several (Guild, Dillion,..) more before..

I think the best value for money are the Watson (Nelsonic) ones, got mine very cheap, mid-range I like the Burns (now BM).. high-range I believe RS guitars has a good reputation, and the Guild ones keep their value reasonably well too.

The Dillion DBM-04 doesn't have trisonic pickups btw!

In Germany, there's a new low-value brand offering one with a floyd licensed trem (I believe Jim Reed guitars has a floyd one also):

Comment

Is that a Burns on the left and a Dillion on the right? I have been thinking of one of of these again after so many years of their being out. I appreciate the review. Guilds were faily pricey if I recall.. not sure if they're still in the 1000+USD range.

Comment

Me too ..

I had Guild prototype #22 before.. sold it but lately I've been considering one for all the different tone options
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy
          Is that a Burns on the left and a Dillion on the right? I have been thinking of one of of these again after so many years of their being out. I appreciate the review. Guilds were faily pricey if I recall.. not sure if they're still in the 1000+USD range.
          yes and no, Burns on the left and Nelsonic on the right.. I had the Dillion prototype for a while but I wasn't happy with the pups or the trem.
          Dillion made an earlier replica (DBM02V(ietnam)) which seems to have gotten better reviews.

Guild had 3 different models, so not all models fetch +1000 USD

Comment

Working...
          X