Giving Gibson another try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving Gibson another try

I've had 2 LPs in the past. One was a dud the ZW was nice(still miss it). Well after much debate I have decided to try another. I have heard alot of good things about the new PLEK jobs. We'll see Monday when she gets here.

58 VOS Faded Tobacco

Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Nice Paul!
    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Love the finish. Nice and old school.

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Enjoy. I have one LP. Its a modded '81 (kalher and emgs!). Must admit, its a cool guitar, but other things get played more!
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Sweet LP! I wish they would make a LP Custom with a 60's neck! I love my LP Classic Premium Plus, but I would trade it in an instant for the right LP Custom!!!!

Comment

Now that is what a LP should be like, plain with a big ass neck!! I have a neck like that on my CS Hamer Sustain Block Special. Nice buy man. Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by HeWhoIs
                Sweet LP! I wish they would make a LP Custom with a 60's neck! I love my LP Classic Premium Plus, but I would trade it in an instant for the right LP Custom!!!!
                I may be wrong, but I think the 68 Custom Reissues have a neck that's very similar to the 60 neck.

Comment

My dad has a modded 79 or 78? Les Paul Custom (Kahler in it) and its awesome...aside from the slightly thick neck.

Comment

I had a 68 Custom Authentic and it had a Bigger neck than the 57 goldtops Ive played.

Originally posted by Charlie Davison
                    I may be wrong, but I think the 68 Custom Reissues have a neck that's very similar to the 60 neck.
                    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Vince, if you would, how much are one of these new? I am afraid of what I might hear, but hit me with it!! Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer
                        Vince, if you would, how much are one of these new? I am afraid of what I might hear, but hit me with it!! Thanks-Jack.
                        As far as the Gibson Historic stuff goes, those guitars are about the best bang for the buck you'll find.....The R8 is $2300 - 2400 out the door. Add another $1000 - 1500 for the flame top on an R9. The guitars would be identical except for the flame top and a slightly fuller neck. The new plekd R8's apparently have a neck closer to the old R9's but I've not personally played one to confirm. Also, they're a satin finish, gloss is now a $300 upcharge.

FWIW - 2005 R8 plaintops sell used for $1900 - 2100 all the time. You can find older GC R0's (without the GC serial number...) for right around the same price - but these have the slimmer 60's neck.

The VOS R8's are a killer deal.

Steve E

Comment

Vince -

Awesome guitar !!!

Steve E

Comment

Thanks Steve!! I would want the thick neck on a LP for sure. Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by speed monkey
                              As far as the Gibson Historic stuff goes, those guitars are about the best bang for the buck you'll find.....The R8 is $2300 - 2400 out the door. Add another $1000 - 1500 for the flame top on an R9. The guitars would be identical except for the flame top and a slightly fuller neck. The new plekd R8's apparently have a neck closer to the old R9's but I've not personally played one to confirm. Also, they're a satin finish, gloss is now a $300 upcharge.

FWIW - 2005 R8 plaintops sell used for $1900 - 2100 all the time. You can find older GC R0's (without the GC serial number...) for right around the same price - but these have the slimmer 60's neck.

The VOS R8's are a killer deal.

Steve E
                              Hey Guys, Steve is right on.. I more towards $2300 for it. They are no where near the price many people think they are, I think the R9s scare people off. Over on the LPF they are praising these things left and right, so I had to give it a shot. Used to be that the 1st thing you did when you got an LP was send it out for fretwork and a nut, seems that Pleking has put an end to that, also if you decide you don't want it after a while, you wont take a bath selling it.
                              Last edited by VinceV; 04-02-2006, 08:02 PM.
                              Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Working...
                              X