ESP George Lynch (Bengal) - views?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP George Lynch (Bengal) - views?

Anyone out there tried/own one? I promised myself I wouldn't look at E-Bay for guitars, but I just spotted one of these going for what looks like a semi decent price while I was browsing for CDs (honest, officer). Not fantastically keen on Bengals (except the Napalm Bengal in another thread), but they're growing on me. How do they play, what do they sound like (and what is a "decent" price)?
    Wal - Good from far, but far from good

I had an ESP M1 Tiger and I have regretted selling it since the moment it left. It was a great player with a raw and raunchy tone. The neck was just perfect and very fast. The screamin demon shines in those maple bodied guitars.

If the price is right, grab it - they are an easy flip. I assume you are referring to the real ESP and not the LTD version, which I have never tried.
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Yeah, it looks like an ESP rather than a LTD, but states it has a factory fitted JB rather than a Screamin' Demon. It's an e-bay one & going for £555 at the moment - although the last time it was up it had a start price of £600 & didn't sell.

Comment

That's the other bengal. Maple body, rosewood board. The JB may be an after thought and a good one given the fingerboard.

If it's an ESP, the price doesn't seem too bad. I've had three of the Kamikaze models and they were great guitars, as well. I can't imagine this being any different. Justin Wakely has a serpent - maybe he can give you his opinion.
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Hi mate,i havnt seen the listing for this but as long as its the real ESP version and not the LTD i would say hit it

surprised it didnt sell for 600 quid?If i hadnt have laid out big money for a band PA recently i would be over it like a rash

For the record ESP lynch series guitars are Fantastic players and normaly the old and played models sound better than new axes(when ever i have bought a new guitar*like strat*they have felt stiff and harmonicly dead-but after about 6 months they open up into players-thats why people play silly money for the old strats/LP's)

I havnt got a serpent(guitar that is!)but i played Jay Parmers when he stayed at my house a couple of years back.They sound great!I also played his early model Skull n Snake wicked sensation model(strat head and dots on neck)and that sounded just as good.I also have a new Lynch Skull n snake i have had for a couple of years so it was good to A/B them to see that quality has not gone for a burton over the years between models made.

Pound for pound the lynch series are easily a match for any quality rock guitar out there.The bengal you have got your eye on too has that realy cool reverse headed hockey stick headstock that looks so cool

go for it

Comment

A couple of guys had a minor bidding war on it, but the end date was my birthday & I wasn't going to be outbid. It was fated to be! Now just waiting for the cheque to clear - hopefully delivery will be later this week. Got it for £645, which seems a low price considering what they're advertised at on the ESP sites - but if there's lttle/no interest in an auction item.........that's the way it goes (one day, I hope no-one bids on a low start EBMM Petrucci!). It is the reverse-hockey-stick headstock, which does say ESP on it, rather than LTD. I'll get photos once it arrives, post them here & mail ESP with the serial number & photos for authentication (although they admit on their website that their records aren't all that hot - which sounds similar to Washburn who couldn't tell me if my N4 was real or not!).

Comment

cool stuff-will take some time getting used to the push/pull pickup selecter!you will find that out when you play hergood news on bagging her,sounds like a good deal to me

Comment

Lucky
                Last edited by Mattpj; 04-09-2006, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X