Dean Razorbacks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean Razorbacks....

Anyone try one of these? I heard they weigh a ton. Anyone get the new USA model? Any info would be appreciated.

Re: Dean Razorbacks....

I've always wanted one, but I could never justify spending $2000 or $3000 on something with a stock neck pickup and a licensed floyd. I love the look of it though

Comment

The USA ones seem to be fine, but there have been some issues with quality control when it comes to the import versions. A lotta dudes over at the Dean board have said their guitars had finish flaws on arrival, and some other stuff I can't remember now, but I think that was the biggest thing. I wanted one, but I won't spend the money on stuff that isn't 100%, even if it is an import (imports are 100x better than what they used to be, no excuse now)

Comment

Yeah...the Imports seem pricey. And the USA stuff is priced at Custom Shop charge...IMO. I'd like to take a chance on the USA Razorback...but I have no experience with Dean USA guitars.

Comment

I've played the Hardtail USA guitars and they are great guitars. I'd spend the money there if I had to recommend a Dean. I'm very picky about instruments, and the USA Dean guitars seem like very well built instruments. I think the reason the price is so high because they ship their USA guitars all over the US for different build processes (I don't know that they still do it, but the shipping of the guitar all over the place is probably something your paying for in the end)

Comment

Well , I live in Tampa, Fl. I think Dean makes their guitars out of Claerwater, Fl. not too far away. Maybe I can just go to the company and purchase direct? I got to try out some USA Deans ...thanks.

Comment

I don't think they'll sell direct, but in some cases I've heard people got to hand pick the guitar they were going to buy. Their customer service has been known to be very good, which is a big plus for em. If you do get one, remember, we want pics!

- Irf -

Comment

keegs,

if you're wondering about the factory and stuff, ask Shawn. i think he's been there and picked up a few Hardtails.

Comment

Thanks guys...I heard of somebody on the board going to the factory and picking up their guitar too.

Comment

I own an import Razorback (black with silver), and honestly, not a flaw on her and she plays beautifully....I was hesitant too, but once I brought her out of her case and played her, it was magic [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I wouldnt hesitate to buy another one if I had the cash

Comment

Comment

Nice! Mahogany Neck and Body. Is it comfortable playing standing and sitting?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Ok, I just tried out this same type of Silver/ Black Import. Not to many cosmetic issues. It just looks like the line on the Silver paint bevel on the lower cutaway was off. The guitar played great. Lighter than I though an all mahogany Razorback would be. The neck was big. It's shape was different...almost a v but with the apex off center thickest at the top 4th and 5th strings. I don't know if I would pay the price they were asking for a "Made In China" Dean though. But, I would love to see a USA made one...preferably below $3-4K.

Comment

The Razorbacks are amazingly comfortable fiddles. Dean sure knows how to make sweet guitars.

Comment

Working...
                            X