BC Rich USA Warlocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich USA Warlocks

I guess that's a safe title.So Hellraiser,lets start with the black one.What are the specs and did you order it yourself?
    My Gear

Re: BC Rich USA Warlocks

Guitar Asylum's site has specs on the USA stuff if you need

www.guitarasylum.com

Comment

Here's a few pics of mine.Custom ordered in 1984.I scored it sometime in the late 80's.Dimarzio X2N in the bridge and Megadrives in the middle and neck.Kahler.7 mini toggles-series/parallel,in/out phase,preamp.This thing is a trooper.

My Gear

Comment

here's one that's bounced around the jcf a bit (I got it from xenophobe, sold it to etohk

Alder body, 22 fret tung oiled and waxed bolt-on maple/ebony neck, dimarzio super distortion and PAF; black with full binding (body, neck and headstock), quad bridge, bernie rico sr's signature on back of headstock. Pictured in the 1998 and 1999 bc rich catalogs.

Comment

Damn!That's just plain sinister looking!
          Thanks.I love a bound Warlock.Standards just don't do it for me for some reason.
          Keep them coming!
          My Gear

Comment

that warlock rocks!

Comment

I had the baddest Warlock on the planet and like a complete idiot I traded it. The single worst thing I ever did music wise.
              Custom shop Warlock
              Bolt on 22 fret neck with Iron Cross inlays
              WWII German plane camo graphic body
              Dual Dimarzio hums
              OFR
              I would sell or trade anything to get that guitar back. I don't even have a pic of it anymore.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I guess that's a safe title.So Hellraiser,lets start with the black one.What are the specs and did you order it yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Custom ordered in mid '85 and received Feb. '86. Factory Floyd, Full active electronics harness (or 'Supreme harness' which is what the workorder said) DiMarzio pickups, Black painted matching head, bound Ebony board, pearl clouds. This was my dream Warlock & still enjoying it all these years later. I LOVE the traditional 3 on a side head on these. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Warlock WHS is (was) the regular Warlock, but with binding on the body, neck, and headstock. It's a badass looking piece in Black with White binding.

Comment

There's my Wartribe. All maple, Kahler, EMG 81 and 85. It's heavy but plays very nice.

The inlays are a little sloppy and there's a tiny bit of imperfect masking in the paintjob. However, the sloppy inlays have been on 99% of the Kerry King guitars I've seen. Kerry's tech told me Kerry's guitars are like that and that the paint jobs aren't perfect. If I'd have paid full price, I'd be pissed. I still paid quite a bit for it but I'm happy with it overall. I had Neal Moser take a look at it and he said the neck angle isn't 100% correct for the Kahler but it's not a major deal and that the inlays are pretty typical BC Rich Mexican luthier style.

Comment

Wow, the Warlock isn't my favorite shape, but those are some beautiful guitars fellas [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Here's my flamed baby. Completed mid '87. Same electronics as the other, bound rosewood board & head cap, Badass bridge. Very lightweight for an all maple guitar.

Comment

Niiiiiice Warlocks, Hellraiser. Who'd you order them through (back in the day)?
                          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Niiiiiice Warlocks, Hellraiser. Who'd you order them through (back in the day)?

[/ QUOTE ]

A little tiny guitar store in Covina CA, called 'The Fret House'. The guys that owned the store knew Bernie pretty well & they would often get stuff much quicker than normal.

Comment

...holy crap, man. i had no idea they were that old. i've played those guitars and thought they were new. he had a green one as well that was really cool.

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X