Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washburn (US Music Corp) ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washburn (US Music Corp) ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been trying (it seems like forever) to get a replacement neck for my 1992 Washburn N2. I finally got a contact at Washburn and I was able to purchase a brand new N2 replacement neck for $80.00 shipped.
    Their customer service/ tech support and sales department were all very helpful.
    I can't wait to throw the new neck on my N2 and get it back into full rotation. Its my favorite guitar out of all the ones I own. I think the country of origin and the fretmarkers are different but I have seen the new ones in person and they feel exactly the same as the old ones.
    Yippeee!!!!!

Re: Washburn (US Music Corp) ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool, that great to know. It's hard to find decent customer service these days. Let us know how it works out!
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

+1 bengal651

I have a wasburn thats needs some parts as well. Post some pictures when you get strings on it.

Comment

I like the guys at Washburn. They couldn't sell me a new clear pickguard for my flametop MG-70, but they referred me to WD, which was nice. They could have shined me totally on a guitar they haven't made in 12 years. Of course WD wants $60 and you can hardly tell that a small piece is busted off by the bass side neck pocket, so my sense of cheapness prevailed and I didn't get it. I only paid $130 for the guitar though I think it's intrinsically worth a lot more. The used market disagrees, which is why Washburns are a lot more fun to buy than to sell!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Re: Washburn (US Music Corp) ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a Washburn V in the late 80's,had that Wonderbar on it. The rollers on it took a dump in less than a year,so I sent it back to the factory. I played that thing at least 6 hours a day,every day.The warranty department called me the day they got it and the dude gave me a boatload of crap because "the damn thing is turning green".I told him it was because their chessy chrome job was peeling and oxydized brass turns GREEN because of the copper in it.He gave me more crap about how the warranty wouldn't cover the rollers because the bridge was green,so I told him to send it back and I'd have a nice little bonfire.I got it back three days later with a brand new Wonderbar.In all honesty,that was the best playing neck I have ever had on a true V.
          Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Washburn UPDATE!!!

Well, the neck arrived. Its the wrong neck. They sent me a neck for a Washburn N1 which has:
            The wrong size heel (1/2 inch too short)
            Its not cut for a Floyd
            The truss rod sticks out of the bottom of the heel which means the body would not only need the neck pocket shortened but it would also need it to be cut out for the truss rod.

I called customer service. They told me its the correct neck.
            I went to tech support. They told me its the wrong neck.
            I went back to customer service. They told me they would check into it and get back to me.
            They didn't.
            I called them and they told me they don't sell or stock N2 necks but that they just placed an order for them overseas and they should be arriving in a month or 2.
            I told them I need an RA to return the incorrect neck. They said they are working on it. I haven't heard from them for almost a week.

I take what I said about Washburn back. They ain't that great so far.
            I am sure they have a few N2 necks laying around. They sell a zillion of them. They just aren't hooking me up. That sucks.

Comment

wow fast turnaround on this thread.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Why bother helping you when someone else is willing to pay the hundreds for a complete guitar?

=< sucks dude.

Comment

I called them again yesterday. I spoke to the same guy who helped me the 1st time. They issued a Fed-Ex call tag to come pick up the neck from me. They told me that they need to get it back before they can send out the proper neck because they want to make sure they send the correct one out. He told me that the N1 neck that I got was put away in the N2 bin and the shipping dept. just pulled it and shipped it.
                  He also told me that the N2 necks should be arriving in a week or so. Last week I was told the N2 necks would be arriving in a month or 2.
                  Stay tuned.

Comment

This happened to me too

I bought a USA Dime 3 guitar from boogiestreet guitars, and I got it home and it's an awesome guitar, fretwork needed to be redone though, and the schaller floyd post was cross threaded, so that sucks!

so I contact Eric at boogie street, and he tried to fix thge problem, to no avail, for 9 months I had a guitar out of commission
                    I got the fretsa done, they were all popping out, had to have them reseated and dressed, that happened, then I still had no parts, because the tech at the factory cross threaded the stud while the bridge was on the shcaller floyd developed a huge flat spot on the knife edge, and thus wouldn't stay in tune. it took so long and then they said they shipped it, nothing.....they said they would ship another.......nothing......so I got ahold of the president and steve bennett, and man oh man, did shit happen then, a week later I had a box full of a new floyd rose and all it's parts!

it turned out good, but it took 9 months to get there....

Chris

Comment

My concern now is that they will still send me the wrong neck. I checked online at various Washburn dealers and they all list brand new N2's for sale with pics of the guitars. The problem is that some of the pics show the new N2's with that same heek with the protruding truss rod and other pics show the new N2's with the same design as my 1992 with the exception of the offset fretmarkers. Actually, some of them show necks exactly the same as mine including the fretmarkers. I don't get it. I sent them a detailed description of what I need. They must have records on the specs from the 1992 model. Hopefully this will work out. If it doesn't, I will have to spring for a full fret replacement.

Comment

Hope it works out,Jg.I don't have too much faith in customer service in the music instrument industry anymore.The only company I have heard good things about is Dean guitars.What really pisses me off is when you go through 6+ months of headache trying to get something done and you finally get to the man that gets it taken care of in 10 minutes.Where in the hell was he at 6 months ago?.........................................
                        Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

It's not just the music industry, my countertops, air conditioning, electrical system, cabinets, my gutters, and plumbing all show signs of lame customer service. All different people. All are from companies with "good reputations"

On the other hand, the roofers and sprinkler system guys rocked so hard and rolled with everything so well, it was almost as if they cared.
                          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Well, Fed Ex did show up as promised to pick up the incorrect neck. So far so good. I still think this isn't going to work out though because of a possible design change in the later N2's.

Comment

You might try warpdrivemusic on Ebay, they've sold NOS Washburn necks of various models in the past and could probably communicate so as to not send you the wrong version. Does your neck have a Phillips screw trussrod flush in the heel, or a bullet style at the headstock (don't know if any were like that actually)?

Ask Ace what he'd charge for a refret - and are you sure you couldn't get by with a dressing? In any event, hope it works out for ya!
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X