Collection update pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collection update pics

I just got a mail from JCF admin saying that my account might be locked & deleted if I don't post - so I'm using that as the excuse to post these pics! I tried doing the group shot thing, but I'm just not artistic enough - so apologies for the monotonous background & multiple links!

Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Re: Collection update pics

Very cool stuff there Wal - Hows that N4 settling in?
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Wotcha, mate (add cheeky, chirpy, Cockney character voice there - for the US members, we really do all sound like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins). The N4 is really nice to play, immediately comfortable. Unfortunately, we've been improving our kitchen (d'oh - all that good guitar money........), so the "guitar room" is full of other junk & the N4 is still mostly in its case. When I can get past the piles of stuff, I'll be able to run it through my amp properly. The neck is great - similar in feel, but different in size, to my Wolfgangs & Ernie Balls. Long sustain. Soundwise - initial impressions are that it's slightly trebly (through headphones, using a Tascam phrase trainer), but that may change once it's being used "properly". I've had to learn "Get the Funk Out" for that time...... I've read that the pickups were chosen for the original woods used to make the N4, which added a darker character to the sound - so the treble from the pickup balanced the bassier tones from the woods. This one is obviously maple topped, but I'm unsure about the rest of the construction. I contacted Washburn & sent them pictures & the serial number - but, amazingly, they don't (or didn't) keep records (what's the point of a serial number, if it isn't recorded somewhere?). The seller had mislaid the verification certificate, so I can't authenticate the signature on the headstock - although that's not why I bought it. It's been well played by the previous owner, so it's not a "collector's special". Having said that, I've had two contacts via e-bay - "are you going to sell it?".

No....no I'm not [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

Very cool collection. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Nice collection. Congrats. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmm .that email should have only been sent to people with 0 posts ....
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Very nice group!!

Comment

I got the same email. Guess it's a reminder to post once in a while and impart some words of wisdom. All I have is "nice collection, man!"

Comment

nice collection..I really like the Gibson V2
                    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Well I am glad he got the email, I love that collection!

Chuck
                      "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Wotcha, mate (add cheeky, chirpy, Cockney character voice there - for the US members, we really do all sound like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins). The N4 is really nice to play, immediately comfortable. Unfortunately, we've been improving our kitchen (d'oh - all that good guitar money........), so the "guitar room" is full of other junk & the N4 is still mostly in its case. When I can get past the piles of stuff, I'll be able to run it through my amp properly. The neck is great - similar in feel, but different in size, to my Wolfgangs & Ernie Balls. Long sustain. Soundwise - initial impressions are that it's slightly trebly (through headphones, using a Tascam phrase trainer), but that may change once it's being used "properly". I've had to learn "Get the Funk Out" for that time...... I've read that the pickups were chosen for the original woods used to make the N4, which added a darker character to the sound - so the treble from the pickup balanced the bassier tones from the woods. This one is obviously maple topped, but I'm unsure about the rest of the construction. I contacted Washburn & sent them pictures & the serial number - but, amazingly, they don't (or didn't) keep records (what's the point of a serial number, if it isn't recorded somewhere?). The seller had mislaid the verification certificate, so I can't authenticate the signature on the headstock - although that's not why I bought it. It's been well played by the previous owner, so it's not a "collector's special". Having said that, I've had two contacts via e-bay - "are you going to sell it?".

No....no I'm not [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Signature looks legit to me. It looks the same as the one I have on my Korina N4. Just thought I'd let you know. Nice collection by the way. I really like that V2.

Comment

Working...
                        X