Peavey Mantis LT, "Kahler Flyer"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Mantis LT, "Kahler Flyer"?

I like the body shape on this guitar & hate the fugly pickguard. But they're only asking $199, and doesn't look to be missing any parts, plus the neck fits my hand pretty well. Any comments on these guitars or that weird looking trem would be appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    |My CSG gallery|
    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Re: Peavey Mantis LT, \"Kahler Flyer\"?

they are okay, I don't care for a strat head on a pointy body. the flyer is not the best Kahler but it works. Thats high end of the price window for a mantis, an okay deal if its in really good shape
    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I should mention the same pawn shop was "asking" $450 for the Avenger I got for $175. LOL
      |My CSG gallery|
      (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

You can probably get it for $100 out the door, and those Peaveys are pretty nice players. I have a Vortex 2 (Rhoads copy) that I got for $96 at a pawnshop. It has a Kahler
        Standard (like a Pro but brass rollers) and playes and sounds pretty great. The headstock does look odd on a pointy shape, and I actually picked up a Tracer neck (pointy hs_ to make it look more Rhoadsy, but now I'm not sure I want to put it on. The Vortex neck actually has machine screws and bolts for a more stable attachment.

Anyway, if you can get it for $100 I think it'd be worth it.
        Don't know what you could do about the fugly pickguard though, maybe paint it to match the body if it doesn't already, so it'd blend better.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X