1983 Steinberger GL7TA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1983 Steinberger GL7TA

Man, I just got in today the absolutely cleanest 80's Steinberger Trans trem. It is probably the best specimen on the planet......And the trans trem kills...Was all over Summer nights from VH tonite.....This thing is 23 years old and like new, save for some dust. No comparison to the newer, Bolt ons....

Shawn

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Re: 1983 Steinberger GL7TA

Nice one!
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

whoa!!! that's cool!!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Nice score, Shawn. How do you come across these beauties?

Comment

Another one of those guitars that are on my list to get.
          Very nice Shawn.

Comment

I borrowed Steiberger just like that one in the late 80's from a buddy for a few months. Had no idea they would be so sought after as they are now. Ever since them, I've been looking for one. They come up once in a while, but I don't have the duckets. Someday.

Nice Shawn.
            "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

BTW, the transtrem rules. Great piece of technology and a ball(no pun [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) to play around with.
              "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Wow, that's a rare bird! Nice score man!
                Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

WOW and it's an elite model [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img].

I've wanted a GL for a while but the prices have been going way up on all USA Steinbergers. I had one of the new USA ones from Music Yo and the quality of the neck/fretwork was an issue so I sent it back. They sent me another and it wasn't too hot either so back it went.

It's really a shame the Trans Trem and the headless design never stuck around. There are so many improvements over a traditional guitar. Double ball ends on the strings for quick changes, headless to move the mass to the body of the guitar getting rid of top heavy balance issues, composite necks to prevent set-ups every time the weather/temp changes, 40:1 tuners. The trans trem locks in 6 positions and the trem can keep the strings in tune with each other when bending up or down. I sound like an infomercial.

Unfortunately Gibson owns them now and they are not putting any effort into them. I thought things were going to get much better once they contracted Ned for new designs but they haven't done well executing them and now it seems they just stopped caring.

Comment

Da bomb Shawn !!!

I passed on one a ways back and I have been kicking myself ever since. Thanx for reopening the wound [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I had a GL4TA a zillion years ago, and I really regret selling it. Mine was kinda beat to hell when I got it, though. Refrets on those are apparently rather difficult, and I didn't know how to adjust the TransTrem to get it to work properly.

Comment

Now I want one bad. Damn it. Let the liquidation sale begin.

Comment

Nice find! I've been keeping an eye out for one from time to time. Congrats on yet another one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                          X