If it ever snows in Texas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If it ever snows in Texas...

Long Lost Sibling! Here's the other one! Neck-Warmoth Birdseye, Standard Thin, Oil Finish-Woodcraft Urethane Oil, Body-Wayne Mahogany, EMG-81, OFR. Lots of massaging of the neck edges and frets-feels broken in now. I know my hands hurt from working on it!

Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Nice Camo's boys!
      PAt told me you guys had those in the works [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Another nice one!Damn...........
        Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Sweet!!

Comment

Those are damn slick! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

I have a question about these though. From what I've read in the Tech Q & A section; I've assumed Jackson and Charvel bodies are 2 and 1/4 neck heel, and the Warmoth neck heels are 2 and 3/16. Have I assumed wrong about some Charvel bodies all this time?

Comment

Both are very very nice. Well done, lads.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's that dot/hole on the side of the heel? Ciggie holder?
              Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Those are damn slick! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

I have a question about these though. From what I've read in the Tech Q & A section; I've assumed Jackson and Charvel bodies are 2 and 1/4 neck heel, and the Warmoth neck heels are 2 and 3/16. Have I assumed wrong about some Charvel bodies all this time?

[/ QUOTE ]
                No, I don't think so. I'm no expert and I can't speak for txcharvel on his fit, but when I ordered the body from Wayne, I specified 2-3/16" so my fit was pretty normal. From what I've read over the past 2 years,the Charvel neck pockets ranged from early 2-1/8", 2-3/16" and 2-1/4". I believe the 2-1/4" was a change in production when the pointies started coming out. Guy's correct me if I'm wrong. Most of the folks building bodies are offering 2-3/16" including Musikraft that I've got several bodies from. Musikraft will also build you a body with a 2-1/4" pocket or neck heel for that matter.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

the dot on the bottom side of the neck is the trussrod adjustment, no?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Both are very very nice. Well done, lads.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's that dot/hole on the side of the heel? Ciggie holder?

[/ QUOTE ]
                    That's Warmoth's side truss rod adjustment. They are awesome and you can make a quick adjustment on the fly! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It is standard on Warmoth "Pro" necks. They have the traditional adjuster in the heel, but add these to make it simpler. They are made by Gotoh.

Comment

My body is a Charvel, but not a Wayne Charvel. It was actualy a Model 1 (I should have specified that before). The neck pocket it 2 1/4" and the neck heal is 2 3/16" so there is a tiny gap on mine. I've built lots of parts mutts like this and never had any problems.

Warmoth necks are super. Every one I've ordered has exceeded my expectations. I like a bigger neck profile so I order the fat back. I also get stainless steel frets. There is something about a huge hunk of maple that really gives the guitar a really solid, biting sound.

The neck I used on this guitar is actually an older Warmoth neck before they had the side adjust truss rod. I have it on another guitar though and it's a great innovation.

Comment

By the way, here is the original inspiration for this project. Mark kept his very close, even down to the EMG. I added the neck hum and used Duncans.

Comment

WOW! Great looking camos. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Here's another pic on the inspiration-Present Day with Arthur (HolySoldierFan webmaster) holding Jamie's '84 Charvel (Jamie in the backgound)

Comment

Purdy

Comment

Working...
                              X