Yamaha RGX-1203S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha RGX-1203S

Is one of these worth a second look at? It looked to be neckthru... looks a lot like >>THIS<< but with 3 singles and painted very very (nearly-budman) pink. I googled, but didn't have any luck on this particular model. It's in the same pawn shop I got my Avenger from... and marked $399, so since my 'vel was marked $450 and I got it for $175 that means they'll just give me this one right? :P
    |My CSG gallery|
    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Re: Yamaha RGX-1203S

I have the RGX-1220 (I think that's the model) that is very close to the pic you supplied. It's pretty cool, ebony fretboard, neckthru, and inlays. The trem is a strange yamaha thing that works reasonablely well if used lightly. I got mine in a pawn shop for $200 or so.

The $399 price at the pawn shop is way way too high...even if it wasn't pink and even if it had a humbucker.

If they'll give it to you, that would be the right price.

Comment

I'm guessing they'll probably want $100-150 for it considering the markup they had on the Avenger I bought.
      |My CSG gallery|
      (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

If you like the way it plays and they drop the price to close to $100 that would be good. Make sure it has all the hardware parts, ie no missing trem parts/screws, etc, as you'd never be able to find replacement parts.

Comment

I actually got parts for my RGX1220S trem off of Ebay, but it took a couple of years. Meanwhile, though, a Schaller Floyd will fit in that spacing, though you'd have to slightly enlarge the recess route, or maybe just remove the route liner, to get full pull-up. I can pull up a minor 3rd on the G which is okay for me; I have other Floyded guitars if I really need more. I used the existing Yamaha studs though, so I don't know if Floyd threads fit in the Yamaha bushings.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X