Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

00' Hamer Studio 59' Burst in the house...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 00' Hamer Studio 59' Burst in the house...

It's been a good week for fiddles round here [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Been looking at these for awhile now. Played a bunch of them and couldn't quite do it. This one came up and I scored it, and right now I'm grinning big. She showed up in need of a fresh set of strings but was otherwise in near perfect condition. No Hameritis - no dings, no nothing. Sounds and plays awesome. This guitar, a cord, and the Aiken Intruder are a killer match.

The pictures don't do this guitar justice. I think this is a superb instrument - maybe the best bang for the buck on the used market out there, just insane really. I was at GC this afternoon, played nearly a dozen or so LP's - the only one that came close to this was a R9 with a crappy top for over $4000 (but man, did it sound killer...)

Anyway, I highly recomend these guitars It gets three [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] 's

Steve E

Re: 00\' Hamer Studio 59\' Burst in the house...

Yep, I also love USA Hamers bro!! I have owned mopre than I can count, but I am down to only 1 right now a 2003 Hamer Sustain Block Special Reissue in Vintage Orange and a big neck, tone heaven!! Congrats-Jack.

Comment

Nice guitar. Is than an Aiken head there?
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

You will get nothing but praise for Hamers from me. I have owned quite a few of them, from shredders to semi-hollowbodies. They really do make some of the absolute best guitars out there. That is a fine looking example of one, too. Killer guitar, and a nice score. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hamer Fan here.
          Absolutely top notch quality with superior tone and playability.
          Great score!
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

How much was it, if I may ask? I think hamers kick ass. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Is than an Aiken head there?

[/ QUOTE ]
              "This guitar, a cord, and the Aiken Intruder are a killer match."
              Gee, did the last line give it away?
              [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sweet Hamer!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey, what is this?, the hfc w/ a black background!? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                -nice guitar! '59 burst is my favorite, the sale of my '94 Studio Custom fell through, -so I'm happy to have to keep it.

Comment

This thing is just awesome....man what killer tone. It's got a different vibe to it than a Les Paul, not better but just different in terms of tone. I guess you just need one of each.

Yeah, thats an Aiken Intruder 30 watt head. I usually run it into a Bogner OS 2x12, but it's sitting on a Swanson mini slant 2x12 thats awesome too.

It's a great time to be a guitar player - soooooo much killer gear out there.

Steve E

Comment

30 days in and this guitar is kicking major ass...awesome guitar, I would highly reccomend grabbing one if you get a chance. For under $900 they might be the best value in a used guitar ever.

Steve E

Comment

I see some models have the split 3 way neck inlays.. is that the only difference?

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy
                        I see some models have the split 3 way neck inlays.. is that the only difference?
                        Those are the Studio Customs - fully bound bodies and necks, but thats the only difference...I just posted a link over on the efraid section to a Studio Custom for sale for $950 shipped....mind boggling killer deal for the guitar. Somebody should grab that right now.

Comment

Here's my SC

Comment

Jimbilly -

Kick ass guitar

May have to do a Northwest gear slut get together....

Steve E

Comment

Working...
                            X