Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Musikraft Necks

[ QUOTE ]
    well, why not just get the musikraft neck you want and pay someone the $40 to put a nut in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, Sully is right. Get the neck you want and have a tech do it. $40 is cheap for the work that is done, plus you get a new set of strings [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Also, that way you can get with the tech and put the nut action where you want it. Some like the E and B strings a little lower at the nut than the larger strings. With Warmoth, you will be getting an average straight across at .030-.040" height above the first fret. Very playable, but just thought I mention it. Once you start making your own nuts, you will never go back and even the best techs can "blow a nut" at the last step. But if your careful and follow the procedure you'll be fine. It's fun with the right tools! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Getting the Erlewine videos is neat too. I like watching them and noting Dan's dry sense of humour. A good chuckle here and there.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I have a Warmoth neck and the fretwork (as far as leveling goes)is perfect. I can get the action so low that it almost touches the frets... The ends do stick out a little, but its not too bad.

I've never purchased or even seen a Musikraft neck, though they do sound like a nice alternative.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        even the best techs can "blow a nut"

[/ QUOTE ]
        sounds painful! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          even the best techs can "blow a nut"

[/ QUOTE ]
          sounds painful! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
          Yea, it is! You gotta start all over on a new blank. You should see Dan explain this on the video's. Kinda like the David Letterman of Luthiers.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
          X