Building a monster, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a monster, need help!

Ok, check this one out. I'm selling all my gear to move to AZ, but I'm gonna take an electric with me. I tried, but I can't settle with just an acoustic. While working at Manny's Music, I found this brand new telecaster body in a bright green in an old closet (just like the Charvel run ya'll did) and since I hate the body shape, I gave it to another guy who worked there. Since then, he didn't use it, so he's gonna give it back, and I'm gonna make the most metal tele out there now. I'm gonna route it with 2 hums and throw the Dave Mustaine Duncans in there, route it for a Kahler 2315 trem (always wanted to try a Kahler, so this is my chance) and I have a friend who builds guitars build me a maple neck with ebony inlays (or something close, I don't care with this one), but I'm not sure which inlays yet. He does great work and can do just about anything I ask, but I want it to be crazy, maybe even offensive just because I've desecrated the tele anyway [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Hell, I don't want to spend a crapload of $ on a guitar to throw around down there, so I figure I'd make one of my own. What do ya'll think? Should I also keep the body color that green or have my buddy throw a crazy graphic on it? What kinda inlays should I put on it too? Ideas people, I want people to say WTF [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] when they see it. There's no way in hell I'm giving up playing Jacksons, but I can't blow my $ on a USA when I need it for rent down there. Anyway, ideas and comments are welcome and appreciated.

- Irf -

Re: Building a monster, need help!

Isn't a custom made neck gonna cost you a crapload?
    Anyway... go with a maple/maple tele 22 fret reverse headstock neck with black MOP blocks and Dunlop 6105 frets.
    Put black locking staggered height locking Sperzels, no string tree and a brass nut.
    Have somebody make a Fender looking logo that says:
    Metalcaster for it.

Comment

Nah, my friend does this all the time. He builds his own guitars and did the work on my brother's Kelly that's posted in the bass section. He actually has a lot of machinary to do inlay and shaping work in his basement. All I pay him for is the materials (he won't charge me labor, he just dosen't accept it since I've known him for so long), and I always throw him something extra.

I'm actually gonna have him put his own designed headstock on it (which looks kickass, it's between an Ibanez and B.C. Rich sorta) instead of a tele head. I like the black block inlays idea, but he's capable of so much more (he did pentagrams, skulls, iron crosses and letters so far) so I might have him put something crazier. I like the Metalcaster idea too, might have him do it, but he builds his own line sorta, so he puts his name on it, which I'll also proudly show off. Thanks dude!

Comment

Do big middle finger inlays, never seen that.
        Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

ESP actually did that on a limited James Hetfield Explorer or V, I can't remember which it was. I might put a small one in the corner somewhere, but I don't know. Good idea though, I'm sure it'll end up somewhere on the guitar

Comment

Working...
          X