Fender MIM project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender MIM project

I've had this strat since new in 01'. It has a particularly nice neck so I started to make it more usable for me. New pickguard, Dimarzio Breed, black plastic, graphtech saddles and I sanded the finish off the fretboard. Really plays and sounds awsome. Next stop refret with jumbos or maybe scalloping! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Re: Fender MIM project

Looks great. I have a 1996 still in mint condition because it rarely gets played.

Be careful on sinking too much money into this unless you are certain this is a keeper, because you might be able to buy an upgraded axe for the price of the fret job + selling this one. Just speaking from experience - fret jobs are $$$.

Comment

I hear ya, this is a keeper. I've priced scalloping at $95 and my tech will re-fret for around $180. I may go with the scalloping just because I don't own one and this guitar wouldn't be a huge loss if I hated it!
      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I have a 94 MIM that has the lowest action with no buzz of any guitar I have ever owned. Tobacco burst with a maple neck. I loaded it with Seymour Duncan Duckbuckers. I really like it.

Comment

I talked with Joe at Downtown sounds(HUGE Fender dealer) in Northampton, Ma. last week about the MIM strats. I told him about mine and he told me the USA and Mexico plants are very close to each other. He said it wasn't unusual to see USA seconds going to the MIM plant. The neck on mine feels like my USA but plays lower in the action like yours. I haven't measured the radius but it feels like a 12' as opposed to the 9 1/2'. Got a pic of the Tobacco?

Comment

How are the graph techs? I've heard that they take some of the high end out of your tone and haven't had a chance to "try before buy".

Comment

I like the Graphtechs for strats, seems to be a little less brite, more mid and a little more sustain. Plus you won't break strings at the saddle anymore!

Comment

Working...
              X