Help me to decide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me to decide!

I just painted my Tokai AST-33 Strat to white finish(or actually it's not ready yet) and I also deepened forearm and tummy cut to make it more comfortable. And now I have a hard decision to make, what kind of pickguard?

I already have a black pickguard with black Duncan Dimebucker, stock single and duncan JB.jr pickup and chrome knobs, at first I was going to use that but then I relized that it would look really cool with white pickguard and white Dimarzio HS3, stock single, Dimarzio HS3 pickups and with either chrome or white plastic knobs, little bit like those old 60's Fender strats. The third choice would be white pickguard and black HSS pickups(the ones I mentioned above) and chrome knobs.

I already have white pickguard and white knobs so only thing I would have to buy is Dimarzio HS3 pups if I decide to use them.

So what do you think? Tomorrow I will post some pics too when I get digi camera so you will get better idea what I'm talking about here.
    Black with black HSS pups and chrome knobs
    0%
    White with white SSS pups and chrome or white knobs
    0%
    White with black HSS pups and chrome knobs
    0%

Re: Help me to decide!

Here's some pics.

Comment

Actually, I'm going to change my mind - the black gaurd looks better to my eyes....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Black

Comment

black
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Black..ala Jake! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

White with white SSS pups and white knobs

but the black looks more modern..
              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

White all the way. Although I would change it up a bit. White with white S-S and a Zebra humbucker.

Mike
                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
                X