Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Played an Agile LP copy this weekend....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played an Agile LP copy this weekend....

A friend of mine bought an Agile 3000 and brought it over thsi weekend. I must say, I was impressed. Yeah, it is not a "real" Les Paul, but it was a damn fine playing and sounding axe for $359.00. Well finished, pretty top, nice action, nice neck. I think it was a real bargain...I liked it so much I ordered myself one of the 2000 series. One with the tigereye top. Hell, $200, how can you go wrong?

Those Koreans, gotta hand it to them.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Re: Played an Agile LP copy this weekend....

i have a 3000 and love it. check the cort thread for some pics. good choice!! can't go wrong for the $$$
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      i have a 3000 and love it. check the cort thread for some pics. good choice!! can't go wrong for the $$$

[/ QUOTE ]

Yours is very nice. My friend's was more of a '59 style burst. It really played well. The distorted neck tone is worth the price of admission alone. Really, great axes for the cash.

Mike

Comment

That goldtop that I had was very very nice. I just sold it, because I needed the $ for a LP Studio. But the Agile was a damn fine guitar.
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I have a 2500 Goldtop and it rocks, I love it
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I used to have a Agile 2500 Goldtop with P-90s.. perfect for raunchy blues rock stuff. Gave that to a good friend who needed a guitar like that.

Still have my Agile 3000, perfect for Slash tones through my Marshall DSL.

Comment

I had a Goldtop 2500 as well - I liked it. I might get another one and have it Floyded rather than butcher my LP [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[edit]
              Better yet:
              http://cgi.ebay.com/Agile-Electric-Guita...1QQcmdZViewItem

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Black and gold - all it needs is some gold knobs........and a big gold Playboy Bunnyhead graphic [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, Newc, I saw those with the Floyds and thought about getting one of those. However, I wanted a more classic LP tone. Pretty cool though, factory floyd on a Paul!

Mike

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  That goldtop that I had was very very nice. I just sold it, because I needed the $ for a LP Studio. But the Agile was a damn fine guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is.... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Don't forget the Xbox games [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I have an old school Agile Fretless that's uber cool to mess around with. It has the "correct" horn and headstock as well. Agiles are very nice for the bux !!
                  Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hey, those are fun games! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And I think "my" goldtop was Newc's goldtop at one time, IIRC. [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I have the DC2500 and it is a great guitar for the money.

Comment

I really like my AL3000 a lot. The ebony fretboard is really nice, and the fret dressing looks excellent. And I agree the tones you can get from the stock PUs is really amazing. I totally expected to replace them when I bought it, but after hearing them I love the sounds (nice and PAF-like, which is a good change of pace from the high output PUs I have in most of my other guitars). It's really hard to beat the bang for the buck w/ these Agiles.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Hey, those are fun games! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And I think "my" goldtop was Newc's goldtop at one time, IIRC. [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i'm glad you like them. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                          Yeah i believe you are right about it being newcs....

Comment

I sold mine ot HuntinDoug, then he sold it, so if you got the Goldie from him, that was mine [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

yup, That's right.
                              Doug - Matt - Keith - Me
                              Funny thing is.. i bought my Agile Fretless from Doug... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X