Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest score

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I still feel a little hittery about buying this one. I hope it turns out ok.

Re: Latest score

3 piece maple neck for the win!

Comment

Would Zakk be proud? LOL!

Comment

That is sweet, sell it to me when your done [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          That is sweet, sell it to me when your done [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude get a pickup and a working toggle for your beat paul before you go buyin' cars.

Comment

Hmmm - if legit, Hawaii is not a nice place for a guitar to go and live based on my most recent aquisition.

Good luck with that one man!
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I asked pointed questions about that. The humidity knocked out some pots, and I was very worried about the stripped maple neck. I can deal with electronics, but I'm not a luthier...

Comment

Perhaps seal it with Gunstock oil? won't ruin the feel, but will keep the structural integrity easier to handle.
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

That's gorgeous. Nice patina.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Perhaps seal it with Gunstock oil? won't ruin the feel, but will keep the structural integrity easier to handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just reading Sully's tips for oiling an unfinished neck in the tech forum. Might give it a shot. I definitely don't want it unprotected, but then again I'm not a sweaty player [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice one! Use a matte satin finish instead of oil... it'll be smooth like oil but won't need the extra maintenance. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I wasn't aware gunstock oiled necks/guitars needed THAT much maintenance, Joe? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Well, not all that often, but a clear satin finish will still give it more protection.
                          I believe Warmoth won't even sell a guitar with an oil finish due to the fact that it's more susceptible to warping.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

depends on the wood toejam. Some necks they will not send out unless you pay the 30 bucks for the clear satin. Some necks from tropical woods are designed to withstand such problems. Koa for example. Rosewood also makes a good neck. Maccassar Ebony, Padouk. A few others. But maple and mahogany I think they require to be hardfinished.

Comment

That's the nice thing about this axe - it might be maple necked, but it's three pieces, so that nasty Hawian hopefully didn't damage it too much. The guy told me it was on the island for a year and a half.

Comment

Working...
                              X