Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESP Kamikazi/Who owns one or played one opimions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP Kamikazi/Who owns one or played one opimions?

Does anyone here own one or played one? Opinions playability? Thanx!

Re: ESP Kamikazi/Who owns one or played one opimions?

owned one for about a year maybe 10 years ago. Mine was an Early one that had a Duncan Distortion. (pre Screamin Demon). Very Heavy, Very Bright.....
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Re: ESP Kamikazi/Who owns one or played one opimions?

I have the Kamizake I. unbelieveable guitars IMO. They are VERY heavy guitars (maple body). The neck is ebony which is very nice and the pups KILL. There is a push/pull volume to switch from the bridge to neck. Simplcity at its's finest. I've tried the LTDs and don't like them nearly as much as the custom shop one. You could tell the craftsmanship was not nearly as good.
      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Re: ESP Kamikazi/Who owns one or played one opimio

I have an early Kamikaze. Like everyone says, very heavy guitar. The neck is thick, it's not a thin neck at all. Good quality for the real thing.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Very heavy and bright with a very wide neck...definitely not for everybody. Players with small hands beware.
          I also don't care for the push-pull pickup selector as its easy to switch while making volume adjutments...I prefer a regular switch.

Comment

Love mine, one of the better guitars I've owned thus far.

Its unique in its own way.
            Very heavy guitar because its of its maple body.
            Maple resonates and sustains really really well.
            pinched and opened harmonics are an effortless breeze.
            Its an 80's heavy rock/metal sounding guitar.

You definitely, can get just about any sound from it, just know how to use the demon pickup and tweak your amp and rack or pedals. I can get the classic VH sound, Metallica, Ozzy stuff and etc. If you want a truer strat neck pickup, you can go with a duckbucker. It sounds decent with a maple body, it least better than the stock neck pickup.

The LTD lynch models?
            Aren't bad for what they were intended to be, a budget guitar. The craftmanship and playability is far better with ESP/custom models though. Really, no comparision.

Would I replace it if it got stolen?
            Hmmnn...
            Probably not. Why?
            I'll definitely stick with maple bodies from here out because they sustain so wonderfully. But nah, not the second time around.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

i played a ltd but it was really heavy. i would like a kami III.

Comment

I've had a few and this one is the best...great guitars!

Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

As per above and I think the nut is 1-3/4 which is the same as De martini, no ? The one I played had a raw maple neck with an ebony board. Can't remember if it had the scallop from the 10 th fret up. The Green one with the all maple neck had the scallop.

Comment

The green is the only one that you can adjust the neck at the headstock. All the others, you have take off the neck to adjust the neck. Lynch or whoever thought of that needs a serious hard slap in the head. IMO not very smart. Still, I love my kami.
                    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I played one alongside an LTD Bengal. The Kami was indeed very heavy - we're talking Les Paul heavy.
                      And the neck reminded me a lot of the neck you find on the older Fleckstone Dinky Reverse, especially the backshape.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                      X