RainSong or Taylor? Help me decide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RainSong or Taylor? Help me decide!

Another vote for Taylor. I've had an 810CE for a few years and it is great!

Jason

Comment

I have a Mint 312CE that I picked on ebay for $900 and it is just simply awesome. Before I bought it I tried gibson, martin, and takamine and none sounded better, than a taylor.
      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Interesting that you got yours on eBay, Keith. I'd love to get a used one from eBay to maximize my buying power, but I've been too cautious to do it thus far.

I'm comfortable with buying electric guitars used/online and sight-unseen, as they are relatively tough and also somewhat modular, i.e., if I don't like the pickups, I can swap 'em, bridge is worn out, swap it, etc. But with an acoustic, it seems like shipping an eggshell in terms of fragility, and then after I get it, desperately hoping that it sounds and plays the way I want it to, since there isn't a lot I can change on it.

That said, I did find THIS on eBay, which is really yanking my chain.

Plus, there are a couple of 414-CEs, one of which is an L10, making it Rosewood/Spruce (and thus more like a 714-CE).

It's tempting, I tell ya. I wish there was a nice selection of used Taylors within driving distance for me to shop through. It drives me crazy to think that I could drop $1700 on:

#1. an acoustic;
        #2. which is new and will thus lose value dramatically as I walk out the store with it; and
        #3. which is situated somewhat low in the product line (i.e., 3xx or 4xx lines, when Taylor's lines go up to 9xx and then Presentation models). [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X