Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of Fender is this?

Pics:

The back of the neck is painted black. The seller says it's from 1986..

anymore info? model name? are they any good? What are they worth? etc etc.. thanks a lot! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Re: What kind of Fender is this?

I found some more info..

"Type: 1986 Contemporary Stratocaster, first version
    Remarks: one knob (volume), all hardware black."

http://www.strat-central.com/japan.htm

what would be a good price on these? I've never seen one before..
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

You are correct, this is the Japan Contemporary Series. As far as value, recently these have been in the range of $200 to $350 on ebay. I have a 2 hum Tele version. Note that the early ones have the back of the bolt on neck painted black. I've included the reviews on these from Harmony-central. One of the biggest issues is the trem bar...very hard to find for the early 'type 1' Kahlerish bridge.

Having the trem and locknut and humbuckers and no pickguards make these guitars very different from the normal Fender, and therefore weren't widely accepted.

Comment

review from Harmony-central

Comment

thanks a lot for the link and info [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X