X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh-oh, Mr. Smith may be getting more of my money

http://www.prsguitars.com/showcase/c...derneagle.html

One of those in amber would be amazing.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: Uh-oh, Mr. Smith may be getting more of my money

I just can't get excited about those. Obviously an awesome guitar and I might change my mind if I played one, but if I want a singlecut I'm going with Gibson.
    That would look great amber though [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

The key is the solid rosewood neck. Those PRS rosewood necks are out of this world nice. I'm seriously looking for a McCarty with a rosewood neck.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I love the McCarty's and I'll probably grab one someday (or maybe a hollowbody). Which ones have the rosewood neck? The double cut PRS's, especially the McCarty's, are great...I think they are much better looking than the the singles.

Comment

Re: Uh-oh, Mr. Smith may be getting more of my mon

Dude, why did you have to show me that one. That may hook me too. I was never a big fan of the orginal modern eagles due to the fact that they changed the scale length.

The only thing that make me have any reservations is the McCarty I had with a rosewood neck was very dark sounding. Way to dark for my taste with any high gain stuff.

Comment

The scale length on the original modern eagles is 25", which is PRS's regular scale length. I believe you're thinking of the 513 where they changed it to 25 1/4"

I love the look of the satin finish on the Modern Eagle
            -Jon G

Comment

I think it is very nice in every way, except.......... the Wilky Trem, can`t stand them. Put a Tunamatic on there=Sweet!! Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I think it is very nice in every way, except.......... the Wilky Trem

[/ QUOTE ]
                PRS makes their own trems. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  The scale length on the original modern eagles is 25", which is PRS's regular scale length. I believe you're thinking of the 513 where they changed it to 25 1/4"

I love the look of the satin finish on the Modern Eagle

[/ QUOTE ]

doh !!

you are right, it was the 513 I was thinking of..............

Comment

You are right Tim. PRS Rosewood necks ARE unreal.
                    I have a McCarty w/RW neck and it is the nicest full size neck you'll ever feel.
                    The only prob with the ME series is that you will have to mortgage your left testi to afford one.
                    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

PRS guitars look so damn sweet but I hate the feel of the necks. The PRS factory is not far from me and I have so many contacts to get a great deal on one of these babies but I can't get past those necks.
                      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

What don't you like Mike? the stickyness? width? depth?

The stickyness is always a big deal for me. However these Macs with the oiled RW necks are soooo smooth.
                        Amongst the PRS aficionados there has always been the WF group vs. the WT faction. So there is another controversy.

For me: WF + RW oiled neck = Heaven
                        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Tim we have two McCarty's with rosewood necks at work if you wanna take a trip down sometime...

Comment

I'm surprised they oil the Rosewood necks at all. I have a Warmoth Rosewood neck (w/Ebony board) with no finish of any kind, and it feels great and is very stable. I chose Rosewood in no small part because Warmoth says its Rosewood necks require no finish.

Comment

Joe - It's the width and thickness. I 've been playing Jackson's for so long and to me they are just so damn comfortable. So I compare every other guitar to that. It's not that I'm a small guy at 5ft11, 180lbs. But even their WT neck feels like a baseball bat to me. However, they are beautiful guitars. Especially since I'm a sucker for those trans finshes.
                              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Working...
                              X