Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Suggestions for a Maple Bodied Guitar

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right section or not. I have a solid maple bodied strat with one humbucker, a brass bridge, and a maple neck/board. I play 80s rock and blues. I don't like the way the 59 sounds that is in it now. I was thinking either a Duncan Distortion or Screamin Demon. I had an ESP Kamikaze that was a maple bodied guitar that had a DD in it that sounded pretty good, but it had a maple neck with an ebony board. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

-Mark

Re: Pickup Suggestions for a Maple Bodied Guitar

Do you know Ralph (Gainfreak) on HC? He has a killer sounding all maple GMW. Ask him what he has in the bridge. His has a Floyd but, still.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

ive got a few maple bodied guitars, X2N & i think a tone zone sound real nice, none with duncans.

Comment

Definitely the X2N, Tone Zone, and Super Distortion and the Duncan Invader and Distortion.

Essentially you are looking for a pickup with a very strong midrange focus and rolled off highs. Bass response not as important, use what you prefer.

Comment

+1 for the X2N

Comment

personally, I would go for a lower output pickup with such a potentially bright guitar. I think a dimarzio PAF or duncan EVH would be cool.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Screamin Demon! My all Maple ESP sounds great. Just back off the vol knob alittle and there is plenty of chunk! I have read that it was designed for Geo's all maple guitars.

Comment

I had a maple-bodied Kramer Focus 1000 with a maple/maple neck and direct-mounted a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom in it. I thought it had a great hard rock/classic metal sound.

Comment

As much as I loved the X2N, no way would I use it in a maple body... way too bright! A Tone Zone, Super 3, Invader or Super Distortion would be my choice. The Super D would probably be my last choice, as that can be a little bright at times.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I just installed a DM bluesbucker in my maple esp and I'm going to do this in all my maple guitars, tight sound with nice overtones and a great match with the single coils in the mid and nek position

Comment

Duncan Custom Custom. I have one in my all-maple (fretboard too!) Carvin and it rules.
                      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I recommend the Tone Zone or Super 3. The Super 3 worked real nice in an old maple Carvin I used to have.

Comment

I asked my friend today... he has a Duncan Custom 5... tone rips in that guitar!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

The Invader has strong lows. Jack.

Comment

I use an EMG81 in mine. Love the way it sounds jacked up though a mesa rig.
                              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                              X