Gibson pickguard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson pickguard

can they be removed without trashing the whole body ?

http://www.musikmarkthamburg.de/imag...20Explorer.jpg

Re: Gibson pickguard

Sure you can remove it, but you'll be left with the screwholes. It should be properly finished underneath.

En passant... Quebecois etudiant en Floride ou Floridien etudiant a Quebec?

Comment

Depends on the age of the guitar too. Older guitars that have been played tend to collect dust and other miscellaneous junk under the pickguard, so you might have some cleaning to do when you remove it. The screw holes kill the deal for me though - I could only deal with that on a LP, not an explorer.

Comment

You can remove the pickguard but there is a pretty unsightly route under an Explorer pickguard for the switch and its wiring. Oh...and the switch and wire will flop out. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          You can remove the pickguard but there is a pretty unsightly route under an Explorer pickguard for the switch and its wiring. Oh...and the switch and wire will flop out. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, whoops, I forgot about that!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

En passant... Quebecois etudiant en Floride ou Floridien etudiant a Quebec?

[/ QUOTE ]

neither, I'm juste a quebecois cheering for the Noles

I wish I'd study there though, hehe

are you a quebecois who moved to San Fran ?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              are you a quebecois who moved to San Fran ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

Comment

If you really want a no pickguard explorer, sell that one and get yourself an 80's, 83-87 I believe, explorer. They came standard with NO pickguard at all. I bought an ebony one in 87 and it absolutely screamed. Came with Dirty Fingers pups stock. Great metal axe.

chuck
                "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  If you really want a no pickguard explorer, sell that one and get yourself an 80's, 83-87 I believe, explorer. They came standard with NO pickguard at all. I bought an ebony one in 87 and it absolutely screamed. Came with Dirty Fingers pups stock. Great metal axe.

chuck

[/ QUOTE ] Back in the 80's I had a white one and I put a black pickguard on it. My friend has a black one and he put a white pickguard on it. I guess it is a NJ thing. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I prefer my Explorers with them.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I prefer my Explorers with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too, thats why I originally sold mine, I wanted a 70's explorer. I ended up with a 70's V instead and like most idiots sold that one...Doh!!!

chuck
                    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Gibson Explorers just don't look right to me without a pickguard.

Comment

Not pointy enough for me [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Kelly is good enough [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X