10 pound guitar!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10 pound guitar!!!

I weighed a couple of my Roxies and they're right at 10 each ... and they're chambered. That solidbody Roxie that just sold in the 'bay must've weighed like 14 pounds. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I had an 85 Kramer Barretta and it weighed a ton. Actually weighed more than my friend's 70's model LPC.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I had an 85 Kramer Barretta and it weighed a ton. Actually weighed more than my friend's 70's model LPC.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

LP's from the mid-80's on have "weight relief holes". The mahogany looks like swiss cheese under the top. There are exceptions (historics).

Comment

I've heard of 13 pound Les Pauls. 10 pounds really isn't that heavy. Matter of fact for a non-Historic Les Paul, I'd say that's probably on the average to light side.

Comment

I got a Les Paul Standard off of Doc Dryer that came in close to the 13 pound mark. Killer tone especially with the Duncan Custom Customs he hooked me up with. It is a shoulder killer. I am 6' weigh about 245 and have the strength of a gorilla and it bothered me after playing it for more than 45 minutes standing.-Lou
            " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

"Did someone say 10 pound burrito?"

Comment

I myself actually like heavy guitars. All mahogany if possible. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                X