Mockingbird!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mockingbird!

Anyone else like these models? I must admit at first I hated them, but they're growing on me.. if my dad will let me, I might buy some Mockingbird body off ebay this week and see what I can do with it heh.. I got a devilish plan ^^

Re: Mockingbird!

I used to have one, a really nice USA one. I thought they were the coolest looking guitar. Unfortunately sometimes looks go only so far. They are definately not for everybody.........

Comment

yea... Its interesting.. I dont like the back end though, its just blah.. =[

Comment

One of my favorite shapes as well. They are neck-heavy keep that in mind. I sold my Mocks because I just grow tired of BC Rich as a brand...

I would still kill for a late 70s or early 80s Koa Mock with fixed bridge though. Probably my next and last guitar purchase if I can find a clean enough, all original one under 1800 USD.

Comment

I have a 7-String Warmoth Mockingbird I have never been able to get used to. Sits in the case. I like the shape but don't like to play them. The body just isn't comfortable.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I had a 1980 koa mockingbird. It was a beauty looks wise. but really sounded like shit. Very thin sounding. For some reason whenever I would bring it to band practice it was never as loud as the other guys guitar??? Could never figure out why.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I had a 1980 koa mockingbird. It was a beauty looks wise. but really sounded like shit. Very thin sounding. For some reason whenever I would bring it to band practice it was never as loud as the other guys guitar??? Could never figure out why.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't sound right. Did you bother with the booster switch? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I used to have one, a really nice USA one. I thought they were the coolest looking guitar. Unfortunately sometimes looks go only so far. They are definately not for everybody.........

[/ QUOTE ]

Neck-through? Details man! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I love them and want a USA one with a Floyd. here is a pretty swet one on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/USA-BC-RICH-MOCKINGB...1QQcmdZViewItem
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I love them and want a USA one with a Floyd. here is a pretty swet one on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/USA-BC-RICH-MOCKINGB...1QQcmdZViewItem

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's mine [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

wow.. Heh I have a plan, but I have to talk to some people first.. I think im gonna buy a mockingbird shaped guitar, using a Carvin neckthru block and 2 alder blocks.. Hope it works hah

Comment

Nick, I had the same opinion like you. I hated them, but now I kind of like them. But I don't like them that much that I would buy one. But among all the "extravaganzza" shape BC Rich, which make me puke, I like Mockingbird the most. Just my humble opinion.

Comment

hah yeah at first I hated them, but I really like the wings on it, just the back end is somewhat ugly.. but Its pretty cool now that I keep seeing it.. I don't think I would ever buy one of those damn expensive ones, like the USA neckthru's, but who knows

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill send you the funds for it Shawn. You know what I want in return. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Only true BC Rich design that I really like and would (almost) own (I like Gunslingers but it is really a Chevie!). My bro is really into BC Richs and has one and raves about it constantly. Still kinda radical, but definaly one of the more user friendly designs that Bernie came up with (the Eagle is also kinda playable if ugley as hell!)
                              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                              X