Caparison....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caparison....

Anyone have one have played one before? I'm considering checking one out. I'm mainly concerned with the neck profile and how well they are put together for the price.

Re: Caparison....

Killer! Well made. P'ups are OK. Neck profiles are somewhere between a PC-1 and a Soloist

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Killer! Well made. P'ups are OK. Neck profiles are somewhere between a PC-1 and a Soloist

[/ QUOTE ]

That's assuring, thanks Wayniac. Have one yourself? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Just as Wayniac said...I have his old one though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It's very killer and a top of the line axe...well worth the dough!
        RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
        RIP Dime

Comment

Damn, I forget who it was, but someone else on the boards had one too. He said it was great, but it wasen't the end all and be all of guitars as people make em out to be.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Just as Wayniac said...I have his old one though

[/ QUOTE ]

Pics?

Comment

one of my mates has just bought a matthias eklundh apple horn - the guy's just too prog for his own good - and that's his trade up from a jem...

Comment

Aldog - I think you'd be impressed with the craftsmanship, though I do think they are alot of $$ for a bolt-on. Mine was a TAT neckthrough... Sunset finish, H/S/S .. I think the trem was a Gotoh?

Comment

I have played many, as they are built here. The build quality is about 20% better than a Korean ESP Ltd. The p-ups aren't great either. I was really wanting to like them and maybe buy one, but I passed. Even after seeing them used and cheaper, (Still more tahn $800), I would still rather play a model series.

Comment

I played a couple. they were pretty good. the p-ups kinda sucked but I have yet to see anyone playing them use stock p-ups. If they were a little cheaper then maybe but they are a bit high for what they are. better off getting a solo or dinky and changing the pick-ups.

Comment

Thanks guys, I think I'm gonna stick to what I know...an sl2h-mah [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Of course, do I go black or blue? hehe [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I played a couple. they were pretty good. the p-ups kinda sucked but I have yet to see anyone playing them use stock p-ups.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Tom and Henrik from Evergrey use their stock pups. One guitar I know Henrik uses EMGs because he said the stock pups didn't sound good in it, but he loves his other Caparisons with them.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've played a Horus model & would throw down for one if I had the flow for it, Hopefully 1 day I'll get one but I'm an Emg fan so the stock pups would go. anybody know what Model the guys from EverGrey use by chance?
                          According To The Prophecy

Comment

I still have yet to get my hands on one but some day I plan to own one! Yeah, how can I be so sure about a guitar I've never played? Friend of mine back in FL has a couple and wouldnt dream of playing anything else and he's way more picky than I am.
                            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

There was just recently a butchered TAT-HH on ebay recently (it still may be up there...not sure)
                              They guy wanted way too much for it for what was changed on it. It had quite a bit of player rash on it as well.
                              But they pop up on ebay for a decent price every once in a blue moon.

Oh and the guys from Killswitch Engage (Adam D. and Joel) use the stock pups in theirs as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X