My Gibson LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Gibson LP

There was a bit of drama surrounding my advertising my Custom Rhoads I decided to sell shortly after buying it, and establishing myself here.

At the end of the day, I'm just way too into my Gibsons. I still love Jacksons and really enjoy these boards, you all kick ass, and so do Jacksons, and i WILL get another in the future.

But I wanted to show you all that I'm not an ass-hat who only joined to sell that Rhoads, it was just an impule purchase that I ditched my faithful SG of several years for, and I regreted after a few days.

ANYWAYS, this is my new baby which is staying for a long time.

2001 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus, finish is Vintage Sunburst. I paid 1650, might have been a bit too much, but I don't care, this is THE Les Paul I think of when I think LP.

Neck is fantastic, very close to the 50s style LP neck that is made on the new ones, nice 'n chunky [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The finish is cool, it looks very dark from some angles and then when held in direct light it gets a little lighter, but overall, it's a very nice finish, and a pretty decent flame too (not sure if it came out well in the pics).

The only big blemish aside from normal pick marks (nothing deep at all, finish is still very glossy, spots on it are my greasy fingerprints ) is the nick at the bottom. It's not terrible, and my strap hides it, but it's the one blem with the guitar. Frets are almost brand new, no wear, and the guitar is set up wonderfuly, VERY low with no buzzing at all, and strung with new strings, feel like 10-46.

Sound is, well, like a Les Paul hehe. A bit chunkier than the LP's I played, I'm pretty sure these are same PUPS that my 02 SG standard had. But the tone is totaly different, hard to explain but just way heavier and fatter is best description.

Anyways, I love it, please critique, comment, etc. I'm going back to playing!

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

(Be gentle [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

BIIIIIIIG PICTURES!

Comment

Re: BIIIIIIIG PICTURES!

oh, ps- the shitty guitar in the background of the last pic isnt mine, borrowed in the downtime until the LP arrived, I swear! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: My Gibson LP

Pics, toad [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

EDIT: Ok, there they are [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I was a bit slower with my reply than you were [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Patience, grasshopper! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That ding looks like it was caused by a Dimarzio Cliplock buckle. My LPS has the same gouge [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But at least it's never hit the floor [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Oh, cool. Yeah I just figured he smacked it against something, thanks!

I'm actualy going out right now to buy a new strap, fugger is heavy! I'll be sure NOT to get the Dimarzio [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Dont feel bad, i am like you, i no longer own any jacksons, just have one charvel that is up for sale, and i have a warmoth with a charvel logo. I do love my gibsons too, but at the same time i would love to try some jackson mahogony bodied guitars. By the way what ever happened with that marshall amp?

Comment

Nice Thor.

I'm kinda bummed right now. I tried winning a 1977 Les Paul Custom but lost. Don't have the money, don't need a third LP, but damn.

Comment

hehe thanks Don, sucks about losin that Custom!

Siggy- I am picking it up tomorrow, the people were out of town, they come back tomorrow. It might not even be a Marshall, stupid drumers hehe. He said it is 2x12, tube-powered combo with white tolex. I fugre worst comes to worse, it's a Fender [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Or a Dumble [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And despite the chip, I'd still highly recommend a ClipLock stap. I tried to find the extra long ends they used to have for those (to prevent the clip from rubbing the body) but have been unable to.
                      I've tried Schaller straplocks and did NOT feel safe with them, and a regular strap is simply out of the question [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

If you have to, wrap the clip in a chunk cut from a leather guitar strap.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Nice Thor.

I'm kinda bummed right now. I tried winning a 1977 Les Paul Custom but lost. Don't have the money, don't need a third LP, but damn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here you go don, this one you might get cheap because of its shape, but it is a player... http://cgi.ebay.com/1974-Gibson-Les-Paul...1QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Siggy-Try a PC1. You will love it especially if you like the tone and feel of a Les Paul with a '59 neck! I think that was where Phil Collin was headed when he started replacing his Les Paul's, plus going to 24 frets. The PC1 is much more comfortable playing while seated than the Les Paul.
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Nice one! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That is the exact Paul I have been wanting for years, because of the 50`s neck, color and Grovers. I think Gibson has messed up with the Standards these days, with the Klusen tuners and the optional 60`s neck. I wouldn`1t buy a new one, well maybe a Standard Raw Power. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X