Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guess what I just bought?

awesome guitar, love it
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

It looks to be one of the Chinese versions. The bridge, (Japanese ones use an OFR), the machine heads, unlabeled pick-ups, and the 'I believe it's ash' comes from the Chinese character for sen, a type of chinese ash, which is commonly used to describe the body wood of Chinese manufactured guitars in Japan are all consistant with the Chinese imported version. The selling price is around the price of a new guitar with that body style for the Chinese line. Used recent Japanese versions still go for more than $2000. New, the Japanese versions are about $3700.

Comment

Killer guitar!!!! Congrats. Let's see some better pics when you receive it. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Kabong - Thanks for that info. I got one from Ebay a couple of years ago that I thought was a real one, but couldn't be sure because there was little or no info to be found other than "this is them, here they are", and I didn't find out any other details until it was too late [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, I know the RG Primes go for beaucou bucks, even used, IF you can find one used.
          I figured this was the middle-to-lower end (Jackson MG/XT comparison) model due to the neck pocket (higher models have that super deep neck pocket that bolts between the pickups), but the body scallops on this one were not on the clunker I got before.
          I STILL cannot figure out what trem is supposed to go on this thing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Gotta be a Kahler floater like on older Model 2s, cuz the post spacing is way more narrow than a Floyd.
          Anyhoo, that thing fell victim to a Paint Experiment [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          The neck is being used as a handle on another body for yet another paint experiment. The neck wasn't bad, except for the KNOTHOLE on the back [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, I had my choice this time of the red one or the purple one. The red one won out due to having a Tone knob, and I'm all about Tone knobs [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          They're both the same model, just one's an older version.

Anyhoo, better pics are guaranteed when it gets here [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Now if I run across an Akira Random Star just like his red one with the metal plates and Dano/ESP neck..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What the fuck does MZA! mean???

MZA! Du du-du duuuu
            MZA! Du du-du duuuu
            MZA! Du du-du duuuu

(solo)

Comment

I think it's the Regional Transit Authority that controls the Tokyo public bus/tram line [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, though, I did read in an inteview years ago that it means something like "Let's Rock Out" or something like that IIRC.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Maybe it's Japanese for "SMF". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

wawk an woll newc...gotta a fwoyd wose too...hey ho!
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Ah Wee-membah Yoo [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

She Got The Rook Dat Keeyoh! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Ah Wee-membah Yoo [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

She Got The Rook Dat Keeyoh! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn it!! Speak english man!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

FOng hehehe

Comment

Back when Thunder In The East came out ('85), my brother and I would make jokes about "Loudness Sings Motley Crue" and sing "Looks That Kill" that way.

My brother was in the NAVY in 90-94, and he calls me up from a bar in the Phillipines one night saying there's a Phillipino Hair Metal band on stage doing Skid Row and Motley Crue, in "Engrish", and that's what they sounded like [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And yes, I still have my Thunder In The East vinyl LP - just nothing to play it on [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I still have mine too, and my Soldiers Under Command, and a few others. I have a record player, but the only thing I can plug it into is a Dynaco tube amp because it needs that LP Equalization. The Dynaco is a Stereo 20/20 like a Mesa 20/20. Worked great when I pumped my Mesa Studio Preamp into it. Just an idea if someone needs a tube power amp on the cheap look for hi-fi amps on ebay. Good for powering a POD as well.

Comment

I've also got the second Loudness LP - can't remember the name.
                            And Soldiers Under Command, DLR Eat 'Em And Smile, RATT Invasion Of Your Private Parts or whatever and a whole buncha others (maybe 20 total).

Comment

Lightning Strikes is #2 I believe.
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Thunder in the East is a great album and Akria has a killer guitar sound on that album. I also have an Akri solo album Tusk of the jaguar

I first heard of Loudness from bass player of mine that had a live album of them and it was all Japanese singing. I thought it was cool but when TiE came out and they sang in Engwish I thought it was even better.

They were one of the best live acts that I've seen and I've seen a lot. I saw them at Harpos in Detroit and they blew the roof the place.
                                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                                X