GMP Pawn Shop owners in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMP Pawn Shop owners in here!

So i'm interested in the most basic cheapo pawn shop, but I see that they are alder bodied with a maple cap.

Can someone tell me how these sound? I already find Alder to be a bit bright and thin, I worry that the maple top may be over kill.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Re: GMP Pawn Shop owners in here!

I have two pawnshop's, Both are mahogany/maple so this probably won't answer your question. One is lighter than the other, the lighter one being a bit brighter, but both are great guitars, most GMP's have a Custom Custom/ 59, for pickups.

Comment

I had three GMP's, the alder Pawnshop sounded KILLER! No maple top though...

Comment

Alder body, maple neck. Standard superstrat formula - it'll have tone comparable that, but with a TOM bridge and 2 hums. You won't be disappointed.

Comment

The best sounding GMP I own (and one of the best sounding guitars I've ever owned) is an alder body / maple neck Doublecut. Next time you're up north drop me a line and you can stop by and try a few out.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Oddly enough I have a black Pawnshop here that's for sale. The first $995.00 takes it!

Matt

Matt's Music Center
            35 Pleasant St
            Weymouth MA 02190 USA
            781-335-0700
            www.mattsmusic.com
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Matt - what's the S/N on that one? Any pics online? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Serial is # 876. I have pics, what's your email?
                Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Isn't that the one you just sold here for $841? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

That's the one but the buyer has backed out so it's still available. Guess I don't have to send pics! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Nope, and I guess I know how that special JCF discount works now. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I own one I got from Mr.Graphic...it's a plain jane, so I'm guessing no maple top. And it does indeed sound great.

Comment

Actually, my employee who handles all our ebay listings screwed up the GMP auction and ran it with no reserve or buy it now. It was supposed to have a reserve of $975.00 and BIN of $999.00. The guitar is here on consignment and the owner is hoping to get $999.00 for it, luckily the winning bidder decided he couldn't complete the transaction.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll call the owner to see if he'll move on his price.

Comment

I have one similar to Matt's Music (but with the pole piece Armstrong in the bridge) CLICK HERE! and it sounds great, not thin at all. Played it at a gig recently and it sounded better than my Les Paul Voodoo and Les Paul Studio Swamp Ash that I brought along that night.

Comment

This one's a Deluxe. Chambered mahogany with a maple cap, mahogany neck, ebony f'board. It flat out spanks any Gibson I've ever played.

And I'd love to find another with a transparent finish.

Comment

Working...
                              X