BC RIch fan site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC RIch fan site

Does anyone have a link to that website that had a ton of BC Rich info? I'm trying to help someone date his Rich. I googled but can seem to find it.
    Thanks!
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Re: BC RIch fan site

post pics and the first 3 serial number digits!

http://www.bcrich.com/dating.asp

Comment

I don't have that yet. I'm waiting for him to get back to me. I think the guy was british? I'm not sure, he had tons of photos.

Comment

You probably mean Terada's site: http://www.bcrich.net/

There's Ronz sites too: http://www.bc-rich.com/ http://www.sol.co.uk/r/ronz/

And Tom's site: http://www.geocities.com/coneyis72/

Oh yes...we want details & pics! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Thanks Sanctuary Ronz site was the one I'm thinking of.

Comment

Well so far it seems to be a USA Ironbird
            Looks a lot like this one but remove the neck pickup and tone pot. Same pink color too, LOL He's on the fence about selling it. What do you guys think it's worth. He's says it's in very good condition.

Comment

Ironbirds (especially with Kahlers) don't typically bring as much as other models. If it's a US neck through, I would guess around $800 tops.

Comment

LOL Rupe, that's pretty much what I told him word for word.

Comment

I'm pretty sure those arn't USA made. Supposedly, BCR did a made in mexico/assembled in the USA semi custom line a while back. I'm sure the BCR fans will chime in.

Comment

Paddok BCR had a mexico shop known as BCR south they made some of the USA customs there. the US Line i tihnk your talking about are amde in Japan usually 1 hum & kahler'd serial # begins with UO they look very much like USA's, but have different routes. the mexican made & cali made USA Customs have little or no difference in quality but do have some slight differences in some body shapes. they started that in 79.

$800 maybe alittle high given the color & dot inlays. but ide get a serial#. post the first 3 or 4 digits here there are some BCR freaks here that could probably get it down to a month or so.

Comment

You're thinking of the U.S. production series. American assembled, hardware and wood from Japan. Yes, they had a Kahler, dot inlays, sometimes only a single pickup and serial number that started in "U". What does your serial number start with?

Comment

If you don't find enough information on it here, post info on it at mcs.acidpit.org

There are alot of BCrich Gurus there that will more than likely be able to supply you with more information than you even feel like reading.

Sanctuary and I are both members there as well.

Comment

The guy finally got back to me. the SN is U0120. He says that's the only other indicator on the guitar besides the capital R.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            The guy finally got back to me. the SN is U0120. He says that's the only other indicator on the guitar besides the capital R.

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go. It's not a custom shop guitar. It's American assembled, but that's it. Not worth the money IMHO... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

My cousin has one of these one hum iron birds which was painted camo by "scremin' lemin" Very cool guitar and every bit the player that my '84 RR is. When he contacted BCR about it, they told him it was a high end Jap model.
                              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                              X