New SG in the House...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SG in the House...

Well, not really new. It's an 85 off of evil bay. One look at it made me willing to give it a shot. It just oozes rock legitimacy. Some earlier owner installed a coil tap and a different bridge pup. I haven't pulled it to see what it is yet, but if it sounds crappy, I will replace it with a Duncan JB most likely. I have cleaned it up and it seems in great condition. The binding has yellowed considerably and the rest of the finish still glows despite 20 years of age. I have played it a bit acoustiucally, but wont plug it in until tomorrow to give it a real shakedown. It is light, and resonates beautifully, so I am hoping it is a tone monster.

I will post how it sounds and plays sometime tomorrow hopefully. As a bonus, it earned the Kermit the Frog Seal of Approval...

He's a southpaw as you can see.

chuck
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Re: New SG in the House...

Cool, hope you enjoy it!!

Comment

very nice!! i just bought my first SG (an SG-X) that will be here thursday...your pics have me even more psyched to get mine!

-Mike
      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Funny thing is, up until a couple years ago, I really disliked them. No reason beyond thinking that they were the ugly step sister to the LP. I bought one on a lark and now wont play my LP Standard. These axes just scream! This one may very well be the best of the ones I have played.

chuck

Comment

nice Gibson there! ever since seeing Jake play that white SG I have had a thing for these guitars. looks like you got a good one!
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Yes! I love SGs!

Comment

I love my SG's too, not as thick of a tone as a LP ,but just right for my needs, sometimes the LP's tone is a little thick for me. When i am just chillen around the apartment playing i usually grab my SG special, very light and easy to play standing or sitting. I am selling that guitar only because i took the next step and just purchased a SG LP custom and see how that is.

Comment

Welcome to SG land- nice guitar!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="red">Tony Iommi would be proud of you! </font> [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Very nice man!
                    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Hey thanks guys! Today is my birthday, so this is my present to me!

chuck

Comment

Very Cool. I'm an SG owner myself.
                        Congrats and Happy Birthday! 2 cheers for you. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Very nice, looks like it has real MOP inlays also? The SG-X has me thinking!! Jack.

Comment

I love SGs, I wanna get a Faded Brown one with the ebony board.

Comment

Here's mine-

Comment

Working...
                              X