Gibson custom shop prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gibson custom shop prices

The 88 showcase series was made in the custom shop. They made 150 or 200 a month of different models, mostly LPs, each with different special features. Mine is a silverburst with dual 85s. $2400 @ GC, you can find em for less, though.

Comment

Ever eat at the Gibson Cafe?
      Don't. Overpriced and inconsistant, just like their newer guitars.

On a more serious note (even tho that cafe is way overpriced for what ya get..)..
      Gibson quoted me $10k almost if I remember correctly for a Slash Les Paul, in the late 90's. Obviously I did not do it, nor would I..and ya gotta figure in the retail markdown from list...

I have a long time friend who is now Manager of Guitar Dept in San Marcos, Cali... he tells me that Gibson has some of the highest Custom Shop wait times as well...some orders he's seen approach 3 years.

Comment

Dude, I work at GC and Gibson Custom Shop guitars are expensive and not worth it in my opinion. They look great but the ones we have play like crap.
        This space for rent

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Dude, I work at GC and Gibson Custom Shop guitars are expensive and not worth it in my opinion. They look great but the ones we have play like crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are from the custom shop, however they are a more produced custom shop, and all of them can play great with a good setup. The one i just got from Guitar center the action was high, the truss rod was way off and needed major adjusting, now the guitar is very playible, if i wanted it super great i could pay another 150 for a pro job, but i am happy where it is.

The custom shop they are talking about here is when someone orders one directly to there spec's, it never even touches the stores hands to go out on the floor. How well these guitars are when you get them i dont know, but i would hope better then there regular mass produced custom shops.

Comment

Gee ..suddenly the C/J CS prices don't look so bad huh guys ..
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Right!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
              X