Anyone have or hear of a Gibson LPII?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have or hear of a Gibson LPII?

Hey gang...I'm on the hunt for a particular Gibson LP.

It's called the LP II and it was made in the early 90's for a very short time (maybe 2 years??)

It's a US-made thin body like an LP custom Lite, set neck, Gibson USA electronics and hardware. Arched top...but I believe it only came in 2 finishes...Black and Cherry.
    If anyone has the wherabouts of one of these (preferably black) I'm interested in buying. I've already scoured ebay for one, but to no avail. They were a budget US line, and I had one I picked up for $450 used)..so they are in that price range.
    Drop me a line of respond here if you know where one is hiding out.

I'll dig up a pic of it, and post it here so you can see it. I added a pickguard to mine, but they came without one from the factory.

Re: Anyone have or hear of a Gibson LPII?

Are you sure you dont mean "The Paul II" I had one of those a few years ago and it seems to fit your description. It was thin bodied with a belly cut, dot markers, archtop. This is not to be confused with the original "The Paul" which was a walnut odd looking thing.

Comment

Is this what you are looking for? (Courtesy of google images):

Comment

Those are it guys!...Thanks! And Carbuff...you're right, it IS the Paul II...I know The Paul was that big heavy ugly walnut thing. They did a Firebrand version of it too.

But that's the one I'm looking for! Anyone have, or know of one for sale?...Local shop, etc....

Comment

Yeah, I kick myself for selling that one and the 1st year santana se that I had. Ive seen a few pop up on ebay now and then. Oddly the truss rod cover on mine said studio so I didnt even know what it was for a while. It was nice and light and comfy to play. I'll keep my eye out for one.

Comment

Thanks dude!...mucho appreciated! I've got a want ad up on ebay for one also.

Comment

I have two of them. I think I saw one for sale at a guitar shop in Connecticut. I'll be there this evening. If they still have it, I will post their contact info for you.

Comment

Sweeeeet!...Thanks Grim! Appreciate that!

Comment

Good news Bad news.

Bad news. The guitar shop has a The Paul, the walnut bodied guitar, not the one you want.

Good news. Bob and Alan, the shop owners, said they have a black 1997 The Paul II coming in on consignment Friday morning, along with a 2002 Les Paul Special Plus. The customer is supposed to drop the guitars off Friday morning, 11/25.

The shop info;

One Flight Up Guitars
                  1534 Whalley Avenue
                  New Haven CT 06515
                  (203) 389-9400

http://www.oneflightupguitars.com

They're open 10am-6pm Tuesday-Saturday, or something like that. The hours are on the website. Their email address is on the site, too.

Bob said to call after 12 noon Friday. He wants to give the customer time to bring the guitars in, and he wants to check them over before he puts them on sale. I have no idea what the price of The Paul II will be.

If I spot any others in my travels around CT this weekend, I'll post the info here. What can I say? I like looking at guitars as much as buying them.

Comment

Sweet!!...good news then all around as far as I'm concerned Grim! Thanks much for passing that along! I'll be sure to give them a call on Friday afternoon!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I know The Paul was that big heavy ugly walnut thing. They did a Firebrand version of it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

you better watch yourself [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

chris

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        I know The Paul was that big heavy ugly walnut thing. They did a Firebrand version of it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

you better watch yourself [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

chris

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense meant to anyone who owns one of these, or *gulp* actually like them...LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X