finished my guitar project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finished my guitar project

couldnt have done it without the help from this forum.

here some pictures

www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Re: finished my guitar project

That is pretty damn cool. Did you make the body yourself? I like all the metal hanging off that thing. Nice job =)

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

i got the body from www.monsterguitarshop.com

Comment

Cool

Comment

!!nice!!

Comment

very nice work

Comment

Pretty cool

Comment

Awesome! Well done, very cool!

Comment

Pretty Neat! Did Monster Guitar Shop do you right? How long did it take to get your parts?
                  I just ordered a neck from them, but have no idea when I will get it. Their Website needs a lot of work.
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Pretty Neat! Did Monster Guitar Shop do you right? How long did it take to get your parts?
                    I just ordered a neck from them, but have no idea when I will get it. Their Website needs a lot of work.

[/ QUOTE ]

It took like 1 or 2 months to get the body, and when it finally got here, he had routed the neck pocket wrong. So i sent it back and he re-routed it (its pretty shoddy though). All in all the body build quality was ok (im not TOTALLY satisfied), but no-body else would build me a body like that for 211 dollars.

Comment

At first that body reminded me of an ESP Killer, but I looked back at some pics and it's not quite the same. Cool guitar. What type of problems did you have with the body?

Comment

I hope he does my neck correctly. It's got some pretty complicated specs, although they line up with what they advertise they can do. 2-3 months is pretty long for a body. My neck will probably take longer? Hope not. Warmoth is usually 4 weeks, Musikraft 3 weeks, but of course they could not do what I wanted for this neck.
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

just be sure you dont get too angry, this guy runs this buisness all by himself and he really appreciates people who treat him nicely.

Comment

There are few people over on the Kramer forum that didn't have great things to say about the quality of the parts that they received. If you want more info go there and read. www.kramerforum.com I also believe there were some threads on Harmony Central.

I have dealt with Doug Bass myself. I did a trade with him for a guitar body. The guitar body itself was about a 6 on a scale of 10. The finish wasn't great and I would say that the routes were just a tad off. The floyd rose hits the edge of the route by the pivots and the high E sting isn't perfectly aligned. Just my 2 cents.
                            Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Working...
                            X