new ltd (MH400NT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new ltd (MH400NT)

My MH400NT finally came in at matt's music.

I love it. I already have another one on order from a different dealer (carlino guitars) but I may instead cancel that order and put the 600$ towards an ESP horizon. To any ESP fans, Carlino is one of the nicest ESP retailers I've encountered and I strongly recomend him.

anywho... the pictures:

The fretboard is also MUCH darker than that. the camera washes it out, it's practically black in person

Sorry, my camera is pretty shitty, the next few came out awful

Re: new ltd (MH400NT)

I like it, the 400 series are very nice guitars
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Yep,it's really nice.Congrats!

Comment

looks nice, how are the frets, overall playability?

Comment

Very nice looking and Yes Matt rules!
          Congrats!
          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The fret job is awsome, lots of people complain about sharp frets around the egde of the fretboard with LTD, but I'm not having that problem at all ( this could be because the guitar has a binding, so maybe the frets are filed in a little more). The string action is ultra low with practically no buz, and I can pinch verywhere on the fretboard with ease. The neck is perfect for me, and I take really good care of the finish, so the neck is nice and smooth. not sticky at all.

When I actually ordered the guitar, I was planning on taking it on tour with me with my band Terminally Your Aborted Ghost, but once the guitar came in, the tour was over and I parted ways with the band, so now I have a great guitar and no band to play it in. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I actually haven't had very good luck with Mattsmusic, the reason I'm buying my next one when Carlino guitars gets it in stock.

But yea, the guitar is awsome. If I can manage to sell some of my other guitars, I can add thatr money with the money I have for the second MH400NT and buy an ESP horizon. Can't wait.

Comment

Man... that thing is badass. Prior to the move to Indonesia, every LTD I played felt exactly the same... awesome. The new Indo-made ones could be the same, just haven't played very many.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                My MH400NT finally came in at matt's music.

I love it. I already have another one on order from a different dealer (carlino guitars) but I may instead cancel that order and put the 600$ towards an ESP horizon. To any ESP fans, Carlino is one of the nicest ESP retailers I've encountered and I strongly recomend him.

anywho... the pictures:

The fretboard is also MUCH darker than that. the camera washes it out, it's practically black in person

Sorry, my camera is pretty shitty, the next few came out awful

[/ QUOTE ]

You talking the newer horizons or the older ones? Some guy on ebay keeps trying to sell a horizon NT-II for $1000 and no one ever jumps on it. Maybe you should email this guy and see what he says.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1 I have been very tempted to buy this guitar myself but after my latest amp adventures i will not be buying one for awhile.

Me personaly i have one of the older horizons neck thru with trem and ash body and i love that guitar, so much i just purchased another from a guy on this board.

Comment

I saw that, but I don't like the color or the 3-way toggle. plus it would cost me more to add EMGs than just order a new one with somewhat 'custom' specs.

I plan on ordering it new, the Japanese factory that makes them is also the same shop that makes the ESP customs, so for a small upcharge, I can order a Horizon NT II with a transparent white finish, black binding, emg 81/60 combo, and hopefully a blade switch

The blade switch and the trans white might be a pipedream, but I will be able to at least chose trans black, blue, or red.

Comment

How does the neck profile of these compare to Jackson's (for the most part)?

I have one ESP (Todd knows, the unfinished cross inlay one). I strung it up to mess around with, and what I notice compared to Jackson's is the neck profile on my is so of round compared to the flat thin Jackson necks. It's not like a DK-2 neck either, I'd describe that as a 'D' shape - still flat in the back.

Reason I'm asking is I'm wondering if the neck profile was never finished on this guitar. It was a custom shop where they messed up the inlays, so it was never finished, and that's how I bought it.

So, are production/custom shop ESP necks rounder, or thin like a Jackson of Ibanez?

Thanks,

Don

Comment

All of my ESPs are rounder than my jacksons (I don't have any high end jacksons though, nothing over 500 bucks so I can't speak on behalf of the USAs or anything)

Even when the thicknesses are similar, it seems the esps are still more rounded, the backs of Jackson necks definately do feel flattened (wich can cramp my hand). The rounder ESP necks take some getting used to, but they are perfect for me after some personal adjustment. My LTD five string basses and my friends 6 string ESP bass are all flat as a board though.

Also, ESP have many more different neck sized than Jackson, theres gotta be like thirty, so I'm sure they have flat models like Jacksons (since many of thier designs are heavily jackson-influenced).

Comment

That's cool dude I have an older Korean m-202, ohh btw only the 50's and older 100 series were amde in indonesia 200 and above are korean I think.

Neck profiles are quite varied with ESP but most of them have a thin u which is kinda medium and rounded, nice to play with a satin finish...

The Standard series arent made in the same factory as the customs the custom shop is a small operation they couldnt cope with the demand, I think they also make Edwards at the ESP standard facillity....

I really wan't to get an M-II witha maple board again dammit!

Also I remember a few ESP forum members having bad deals with Eddie he is a cool guy but I wouldnt want to order anything from him if its in stock i'd go for it but if i ahd to order anythign stateside Dcgl would more than liekly get my business....

Ozz

Comment

yea, anything above 200 is korean 9including the MH400NT, you can see it on the back of the HS

I've been thinking about DCGL because I got a nice price offer and free pickup swaps, but it would take alot longer to get and I'm impatient. I definately see me order from DCGL in the future. I usually just try to order locally though, wich is why I originally went with Matt and than to Carlino.

We'll see.

Comment

Thanks for the info on necks. From what you describe, it sounds like my ESP neck is shaped correctly. I might get it shaved a little (since the guitar is unfinished) to a squished C shape. I have a 1962 SG Special with this profile and I like it a lot.

Comment

If anyone is interested I just received a couple MH400NT's in see thru black yesterday. Get in touch with me for pricing and info...

Just out of curiosity Nick, what exactly made you say that you haven't had very good with my shop???

Matt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                              X