Stew-Mac strat bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stew-Mac strat bodies

I bought a strat body that was supposedly from stew-mac. I only see unfinished pool routed ones or rear routed ones with flamed tops. The one I bought is a vintage sunburst routed for 3 single coils on top. Did they used to sell these? I cant find that on the website.

Re: Stew-Mac strat bodies

if you can post a pic of the control cavity, i can tell ya for sure, but for the past few years, stew mac's bodies are mighty mites. the necks are mighty mite and carvin.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Okay, heres the pic.

http://i11.ebayimg.com/01/i/05/4e/0f/d0_12.JPG

It seems like a decent piece of wood.

Comment

for some retarded reason, i thought it was a rear mount. either way, there's a good chance it's a mighty mite body. don't let that be something that discourages you; the mm guitar that i had sounded amazing, and i'd certainly slap together another one.
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

That would be a mighty mite. good stuff. Check the mightymite web site. Inexpensice and high quality stuff. Good luck.

Comment

Hmm, I checked the MM website but I cant find anything routed for 3 single coils. Its all HSH. Is this something that they used to do but dont do anymore. Do they put any markings on their bodies? I see that allparts makes ones like this but they stamp their neck pockets. I also see that WD makes one like this too with no markings. Did stew mac ever sell WD bodies?

Comment

MM did s/s/s configurations, sure. their sute only shows what they currently offer. and no, i don't believe that they mark the bodies. the necks get a woodburn, but i don't think that the bodies get anything.

on a quality level, i'd say that they're a little below a finished warmoth body. the one i had sounded amazing, but finish-wise, it wasn't as nice. then again, those kinda things stand out to me like crazy.
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I have a MM ash body. Its H-S-H but a great body.

Comment

yeah. warmoth does an amazing finish, second to none

Comment

Working...
                  X