Guild D55??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild D55??

Does anyone have one of these?? I really want one all of a sudden for some reason.

Re: Guild D55??

Yeah, I have one . They are awesome. Get a factory second and save a grand on the price.

jim
    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

What would you compare them to?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Get a factory second and save a grand on the price.

jim

[/ QUOTE ]
        how would you suggest going about that bro? where is the factory? do they announce sales on seconds directly? or is that through dealers only?

I love Guild acoustics, and am craving one of their renowned 12-strings.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I had a D50 (without the inlays), and although it was a very nice guitar, it was just a little too dark sounding for me. Very objective, but I like the brightness of Taylors.

Shawn
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

The factory seconds you see in the Bay for like 1100-1300 hundred. They'll have a white sticker with a serial number on top of the sticker in the soundhole. The factory is in Corona, where most of the Fender stuff is made. The Corona Guilds are as good as the Westerly Guilds, so don't pay more for a Westerly.
            They have very low action, and you can pretty much shred on them if you put light enough strings on them. They are VERY loud and boomy. They will drown out a Martin or Taylor pretty easily. I like the sound; it's bright and clear. Remember that the generic D55 doesn't come with a piezo or pickup, you need to get the specific AE model for that. That's one of the things that sopld me on it; I didn't want a big chunk of rosewood cut out of the side of the guitar. The sound is not really as woody as a Martin, but you'll need to play one yourself I think. It has better high end response in my opinion. It's a great pickers guitar, to me. I like the sound of Ovations though, so maybe I'm not the best judge of acoustic sound quality! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Thats what I kind of want...something that is deep but not too boomy, and has a nice high end...like a mix between a Martin and a Taylor. I really want to try one now!

Comment

Working...
              X