Grover Jackson Guitars ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grover Jackson Guitars ?

Can anyone tell me about Grover Jackson guitars. I have heard that they were made by Star Guitars...I also heard that when Grover was "out of Jackson", he attempted to start up again as Jackson Star Guitars and as Grover Jackson Guitars. I also heard that, in regard to Grover Jackson Guitars, Grover personally chose and /or designed every aspect of every model made. Does anyone know the truth or have any factual information or history regarding these guitars?

Re: Grover Jackson Guitars ?

The Grover Jackson guitars are made for the Japan market. Jackson was already a protected copyright so they used the name Grover Jackson.

When Grover left Jackson, they went the moniker Jackson Stars.

You can still order a Jackson Stars guitar, a few people here on the board own them [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

See my posting..Grover Jackson Guitars....What else do you know about them? What do you know about the manufacturer? Is it the same company in japan that was manufacturing the charvel-jackson guitars what were being sent to the US?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        See my posting..Grover Jackson Guitars....What else do you know about them? What do you know about the manufacturer? Is it the same company in japan that was manufacturing the charvel-jackson guitars what were being sent to the US?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, calm down there noobie. How 'bout thanks for the info? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

If you're lucky, someone else might chime in a tell you what you want to know [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

+1 on 'thanks txcharvel for the info'!

About everything you heard is not true and txcharvel basically answered your questions.
          Jackson was a copyright, so the guitars Jackson sold in Japan were labeled Grover Jackson to get around the copyright. (deduction #1: yes, it was the same factory in Japan that made Charvel/Jacksons that were sold in US).
          "When Grover left Jackson, they (ie the Jackson company), changed the name to Jackson Stars" Deduction #2: no, Grover did not attempt to start up Stars or Grover Jackson after leaving Jackson.

I have one of these Grover Jackson guitars and they are very similar in specs and features to most of the Professional models that were sold in US. Value? I see them from $400 to $600 on ebay when they pop up.

Comment

txcharvel & MountainDog...You are both Right !

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!

MountainDog...I can easily accept your "deduction #1", but I wonder if Grover was ever involved with the Grover Jackson Guitars on more of a personal level, as I have seen more than one with his signature on them in various places (usually on the back of the headstock - and yes, it sure looks like his signature!), which leads me to believe that he might have been a bit more involved with the guitar and it's manufacturer (granted, the signature could be a forgery)...Which is why I am asking this forum. I would like to see if I can get a definitive answer, short of asking Grover (which I have tried and will if I ever see him again)!

MountainDog...what does your GJGuitar look like?

Again, thanks for all you help !

Comment

Grover Jackson signed a LOT of guitars on the back of the headstock over the years. I wouldn't get too excited about that.

You've already gotten pretty definitive answers from these two gentlemen...not sure what elses you're looking for...?

Comment

As was stated, Grover Jackson was involved with the Grover Jackson brand until his departure from the company, so the signed headstocks are really no big surprise considering there were a ton of Guitar Center Special Edition models that also had signed headstocks (both USA and Import models).

Most folks subscribe to the belief that the Japanese factory that made the Charvel and Jackson imports (and Japanese-market-only models) is owned by Jackson, but I've not heard a definite, authoritative yes or no on that one. I do know the original Japanese crew that made the Charvel imports and the 1990 Jackson Professionals were trained and supervised directly by Grover.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Also check out the Import Jackson section

if you haven't already
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have one jackson stars and a few rhoads professional models. the quality for me is that in some ways it's better (binding job around the headstock), the same (on most of the guitar). the cool thing about my jackson stars rhoads is that is 24 frets. thats cool.

Diego

Comment

Working...
                    X