Tommy's Tokai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy's Tokai

Well, here she is in all her glory. What a beauty! And she plays like a dream. It goes without saying that i have mixed emotions about now owning her. But Tommy knows that he can always get her back. Anyway, this is definitely a custom job Tokai. Notice where the body curve is flattened to accommodate the XLR jack, and the headstock logo is also a dead giveaway that it's a custom job. Thanks, Tommy! And here's to good fortune coming your way really soon! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

moral of the story: when tommy says he's got a sweet guitar, he's got a sweet F@#$ing guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Re: Tommy\'s Tokai

Wow [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] and I don't usually go for Les Paul types.
    [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very Nice!!! I think I need one...

Comment

That looks killer. Is the "103th" (try saying that out loud fast) an indication of its place in the custom build order?

Comment

Shouldn't that have been "103 rd?"
            "POOP"

Comment

Yup. But it's no surprise, seeing how Asian companies mess up translations a lot. I'm sure the instruction booklet that came with this guitar read something like:

Tokai Love Rock guitar is making good Rock and roll music for playing!

To make rock, place fingers arrangedly on board so fretted to form notes.

Making up and down motion with hand that is picked, strummingly strike strings with force and emotion.

Rock will commence emanating from strings without volume that is loud. To make rock that is emanating with volume that is more pronounced, place plug cord in hole and terminate in electronic loudening device with tubes.

Now you are making happy fun rock!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

oh shit, that was not only funny as hell, but dead on! that reminds me of that simpsons episode when they win a trip to japan and appear on that game show.
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

xlr jack? what fer?
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

It's for plugging straight into the mixing board. but you if you have a XLR to unbalanced 1/4" cable (which came included), you can plug straight into an amp as it's safe for a low impedance source to feed a high impedance input. most probably the original owner lived in a studio as they are the only ones typically requesting this kind of mod.

Now, before anyone mistakes me for someone who actually knows his shit, I didn't know any of this before i received the guitar...google rulez!

crankdaddy, awesome post! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] reminds me of how the KFC slogan got translated to Chinese: "so good you want to suck your fingers!"

I can't decide whether to pronounce the headstock logo "one hundred threeth" or "one hundred thirth". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Crankdaddy you rock...you're almost as good as babelfish. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X