Schecter Hellraiser in action - Pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter Hellraiser in action - Pic

Well, the Hellraiser was a big hit last Saturday night. The thing plays like a dream, but my only beef is that the EMGs sound totally lifeless. I'm definitely going to swap some Duncans in there.

Re: Schecter Hellraiser in action - Pic

Nice shot bro.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Nice shot bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I REALLY like those guitars and would have boughten one if it didn't have two volume knobs.

I would have made it an 81 bridge, 60 neck.

I got an ESP MH400NT instead.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Well, the Hellraiser was a big hit last Saturday night. The thing plays like a dream, but my only beef is that the EMGs sound totally lifeless. I'm definitely going to swap some Duncans in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wondering what type of amp are you running or are you playing more blues oriented stuff, I never had problems with EMGs except they do suck for blues and certain other types of music, for Metal they rule and the EMG 60 rules for clean tone as well.

Comment

My rig consists of my guitar, BBE Sonic Maximizer, and Crate Blue Voodoo through Celestion V30s. The Duncans just sound so much better. The EMGs are okay for rhythms, but for the guitar solos they just lack any kind of....goodness, for lack of a better term. I know a lot of you don't like the Blue Voodoo, but for me, it captures exactly the sound I'm looking for. Oh yeah, our music is melodic metal along the lines of Nevermore.

Comment

I wouldn't describe Nevermore as melodic exactly, maybe melodic thrash power [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I need to stop looking at that guitar, the more I look, the more I want one. I agree about EMG's, but everyone here thinks I am nuts [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I think they are cold, sterile, lacking in warmth and kill some of the natural tone of the guitar. I've given up complaining about them cause EMG lovers always get on me when I rag on them [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                My rig consists of my guitar, BBE Sonic Maximizer, and Crate Blue Voodoo through Celestion V30s. The Duncans just sound so much better. The EMGs are okay for rhythms, but for the guitar solos they just lack any kind of....goodness, for lack of a better term. I know a lot of you don't like the Blue Voodoo, but for me, it captures exactly the sound I'm looking for. Oh yeah, our music is melodic metal along the lines of Nevermore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try the EMGs with a Mesa or Marshall a real one not a solid state or a weak one I am talking about a rectifier or 100watter. Alot of people swear by the Voodoo Crate till they play a real nice amplifier then they wonder why they even bought the crate why do you think you dont see alot of major artist using Crate? Well because they suck but thats my 2 cents.

Comment

Alot of people can't afford a Mesa rig, at least not a gig size one as a working musician. Major artists make enough money to afford better amps, unsigned guys toiling in obscurity not so much. For the price those Blue Voodoo's are pretty decent amps. I agree with you though, EMG's seem to mate really well with a MESA amps. I've never been a fan of Marshalls (sacrilege right?) I prefer Engl, Bogner and MESA. But even with a MESA it still sounds better with Duncans in my opinion. There is just something sterile about EMG's and its not just EMG's, any active pup is that way for me. I don't care for Livewire's either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I REALLY like those guitars and would have boughten one if it didn't have two volume knobs.

I would have made it an 81 bridge, 60 neck.

I got an ESP MH400NT instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

News Alert:
                    Researchers have developed a safe and reliable method to replace excess Volume knobs with spare Tone knobs [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Also important to note that one of those knobs is a push pull splitter, so it serves a dual purpose. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Eh, ignore me, I guess the Hellraiser's don't have a tap. I gotta admit I don't get the two volumes either. If your gonna double up on one I'd prefer it to be the tone.

Comment

[quoteTry the EMGs with a Mesa or Marshall a real one not a solid state or a weak one I am talking about a rectifier or 100watter. Alot of people swear by the Voodoo Crate till they play a real nice amplifier then they wonder why they even bought the crate why do you think you dont see alot of major artist using Crate? Well because they suck but thats my 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Somehow I think it'd be easier and cheaper to replace my pickups than my amp [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        Seriously, though, I've never liked Marshalls, and my BV sounds as good (to me) as anything else I've ever tried. I don't need one of those ultra high bain boutique amps, since I've never had my gain above 6. And judging by how many people comment on how much they like my guitar sound, I'll probably stick to the BV and Duncans. (A couple of guitar players who see my band play a lot noticed the tone difference when I was using EMGs)

Comment

sweet guitars
                          schecters fucking kick ass

Comment

cool! a beautiful shot!the hellraiser is my favourite c1, i think that i'll buy one soon!

Comment

I play mine through several different amps.It really screams through my 5150,but also sounds great with my Laney PL100...... Cool pics!...
                              Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Working...
                              X