Ibanez model help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez model help please

i saw this on a japanese site and it was already sold, then it dissapeared, luckily i already saved pics. it was listed as a rg660 i think but i having trouble knowing for sure.

any help greatly appreciated.

chris

Re: Ibanez model help please

whatever it is it's REALLY cool!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

It's been a long time since I've seen one of those. RG660 has a familiar ring to it, but I can't be sure either. Have you tried over at www.jemsite.com?

Comment

wow i've seen some crazy ibanez guitars before but i've never seen pink "sharks" before on a maple board...i think i like that most of all! cool guitar!

-Mike
        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

No i believe those are the RG770DX's, goto the ibanez registry and look under gallery and under guitars. http://www.ibanezregister.com/

Comment

nah, those have pickguards and middle single coils.

chris

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              nah, those have pickguards and middle single coils.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, not a 770DX. I haven't seen one of these before, I'm curious what you come up with. Check jemsite.com or email [email protected].
              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

-660 sounds like a number for a model only released in Japan. I might be wrong, just a hunch.

Comment

heres the low down on ibanez's various models

S series- they all suck
                  RG- the prestige is overpriced, but decent
                  7 strings- all suck
                  Artcore- all suck
                  Vai- all suck
                  Satch - all suck
                  PGM - BEST GUITAR EVER

Comment

Model number should have been stenciled on the back of the headstock.
                    The body style is the same as an RG 420/421.
                    I've seen the neck before, just not with a maple board.
                    -Rick

Comment

I'm not sure wheter I think these guitars are cool or lame.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

here's a 770DX that's for sale in the netherlands..

I like the 660 (if that's what it's called) much much better than the 770
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

According to Ibanez's old model-naming conventions, that should be an "RG720DX"--but I'm not sure whether such a thing ever existed, even for the home market. I was going to say that it is a neck from a 770DX married to a different body, but the shiny logo and all-access neck joint tell me that it is quite a bit newer than the 770DX, which had neither of those things.

Interesting, whatever it is.

Comment

I would have to think Japan market only...Cool as hell whatever it is!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            According to Ibanez's old model-naming conventions, that should be an "RG720DX"--but I'm not sure whether such a thing ever existed, even for the home market. I was going to say that it is a neck from a 770DX married to a different body, but the shiny logo and all-access neck joint tell me that it is quite a bit newer than the 770DX, which had neither of those things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd say 720DXVM (Violet Metallic for the finish), too. Coulda been an RG-something-HH, but that's not as likely. Coolest RG ever, but we need at least a serial to pin down a year!

Comment

i was so pissed the day after i saved the pics i went back and is was gone from the site, although many other guitars that have been sold for way longer are still there [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

chris

Comment

Working...
                              X