Gibson LP Standard Raw Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson LP Standard Raw Power

Has anyone noticed that Gibson is making this model again? I just say it in the new MF magazine. I wouldn`t pay $1899 for it from them, but this is the model I have always wanted. All natural, 50`s neck, Grover tuners. Anyone own one or any good/bad to say about it? I may pick one of these up one of these days. Thanks-Jack.

Re: Gibson LP Standard Raw Power

I have one and it's gonna take a sledge hammer and a crowbar to pry it from my hands. I remember when I bought it back in late 2000 and my whole idea was to get something "different," something not many people had.

There is one on ebay in mint condition for about $1350. It's one of the very few I've ever seen listed.
    "POOP"

Comment

I never owned one but I had one in the music store that I used to manage. If I would have had more cash at the time, it would have been mine. One of the best LP's that I have ever played...and I like LP's. If the one on ebay is still there for $1350 and you want one, jump on it. These were an A mark item with a dealer cost of about $1400 if I remember correctly. I would go for it myself if I hadn't bought 3 guitars in the last month [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

If they are making these again and you want a new one, I have a good friend in State College PA who is a gibson dealer...I'm sure I could arrange an awesome price for you.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Name=WDVW&rd=1
          "POOP"

Comment

Thanks bros!! Rupe, you haz some mail [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I figure, if MF is selling them, they are at least selling them thru MF, hopefully others as well. I am so excited they are back, I could have kicked myself in the ass for not jumping on one when they were discontinued [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Forgot to mention, they come with EMG`s now!! 85 neck/81 bridge. Jack.

Comment

Oh man, that one on Ebay is so tempting, but the seller has 10 Negatives, that makes me a little nervous.I would personally leave the pickgaurd off. I hope the new ones aren`t a MF exclusive. Jack.

Comment

I'm not sure I'd want one with the EMGeez, but that's just me. The stock Gibson humbuckers have plenty of snarl in them. Take the pickguard off and you'll have that whole "Mick Ronson" thing going on! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "POOP"

Comment

Ya man, I can`t stand pickgaurds of any kind on guitars [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Working...
                    X