Other Superstrats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Other Superstrats

This may not be a popular opinion, but Peavey built some great superstrats in the late 80's - mid 90s. The Vandy, G Ninety, and Destiny were all damn good guitars.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

The Destiny Custom is a great guitar, maple neck thru a mahogany body with a figured maple top. What out for tweeked necks though. Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        This may not be a popular opinion, but Peavey built some great superstrats in the late 80's - mid 90s.

[/ QUOTE ]
        The Vandenburgs kicked ass too [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          My favorite of the `90s super-Strats was the Hamer Californian. The new imports are very unimpressive, but the USAs from a few years back were as good as (or better than) similar Jacksons. Not unlike early Jacksons, each Cali was unique in some way, whether it be the inlay or binding or pickups. I have two USAs, a Cali Deluxe and a Cali Elite, and my brother has a USA Diablo. The Californians had 27 frets, even on the earlier imports, although the current versions do not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one. I really like it. A little quieter acoustically than my Charvel or PC1 bolt ons but they are nice and have a killer neck that is very easy to play - sort of a cross between a thin neck (wizard or speed neck) and a traditional strat neck. Very articulate also. Mine has EMGs.

And you can get one for about $500 on ebay (when available).
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I've never found anything that I like better than the Rand guitars that were built for a short time in the late 80's. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X