Seafoam Green Parts Mutt Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seafoam Green Parts Mutt Strat

How much did all the parts end up costing total (with a breakdown of individual prices)? This is if you don't mind sharing... Just kind of curious. I'm trying to figure out if I should build a mutt strat down the line or if I should purchase one already put together and then upgrade what I want to.

Comment

Seafoam Green is an awesome color - looks nice with the black hardware, too. Nice job! What is the routing under the guard on that Mighty Mite body? Wide open?

Comment

very nice, Shawn. I was a little surprised by the lack of pickup rings too! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Looks like a great job, Shawn, but I can't stand those Mighty-Mite bodies.
          I just cannot get past those horns...the shapes are all wrong. Bugs the snot outta me!

Comment

ha Chuck, I never noticed that. I'll have to pull our to my real Fender body I have sitting on a shelf for the last 4 years and compare [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I thought it looked right for a strat body, whtas diferent?
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Nice, Shawn!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Green Strats rule! Here's my USA Fender Teal Green Metallic Double Fat. It actually looks a tiny bit darker in the pic than it really is. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sweet! Looks great with the maple board and black hardware. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Looks Nice Shawn!
                  I want one like that in a similar color too.
                  [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Shawn, look at the insides of the upper horns, the way they curve out. They should be an almost perfect semi-circle and parallel to the neck before they end. Mighty Mites are shaped wrong.
                    Waynes are wrong, too. The horns are way too thick. I see it every time and it kills me!

Comment

I see what your saying Chuck. Not that annoying of a difference to me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Inearthed - Its probably cheaper to buy one together and then just swap out what you don't like. The neck was 200, body 120, Floyd 150, Duncans about 55 each. Everything was brand new except for the neck which is a 97 USA Fender neck.
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Shawn:

Did the fender neck come with the locking nut installed or was that also part of the floyd install?

Comment

Econ, it was part if the Floyd install. The neck had the std Fender nut and needed to be routed for the Floyd nut.
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                          X