Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small beatup guitar for less than 200 euros?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small beatup guitar for less than 200 euros?

I'd rather not order online (my parents would never allow me to use THEIR credit card for a second guitar even though they give me the money haha! )
    Basically I've always been VERY interested in being a guitar tech or at least have the skills. I want a decent guitar that could be modded easily and that'd have some mods to be done to it.
    I was hesitating between a Fender standard Telecaster (for which I'd have to shell out more, but it's a Tele) or a Squier '51 (I heard great things about it, but if the frets are already going to be non sharp, I may as well pass my way [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
    The main beef I have with those guitars is, if I change the bridge pickup:
    If I get a regular Tele it wouldn't fit with my Charvel later on
    If I get a Tele with a humbucker in the bridge it wouldn't be spaced for a trem. I'd get a trembucker anyway, but I'd rather it sounds good even with the Squier.
    And I don't want a strat hehe...
    What I had planned with the '51 would be find one that I like, then gradually upgrade it... new saddles, tuners, maybe pots, a new pickup, maybe new pickguard. Something I can waste my money on and then maybe take off when I get a more serious guitar.

If you guys can think of any better suited guitars for the job, suggest away. It HAS to be a bolt on though, that'd definitely be best. Thanks for the help [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Small beatup guitar for less than 200 euros?

I'd pick up a no name guitar from ebay.co.uk or a charvel, which can be head for less than £175 sometimes.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/charvel_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Hehe I was eyeing that model 3, but it'd end too soon. My birthday is the 24th, and my parents decided to give me the money then and not right now. I would so bid up to 150 on that Charvel though... problem is, it'd have to posted here in Holland and I'd have no idea how to pay as I don't use paypal.
      And I don't feel ok with the noname thing... I want something that when set up could still be playable and more than decent. I can play the Squiers, not the no names.

Comment

You'd pay by IBAN/BIC Bankwire. That thing is the easiest thing to use here in Europe, it's free and fast and secure.

Comment

Yeah true that... I guess it could work. Maybe I should contact him hehe...
          The only problem is, the money is not available now and well... yeah... my parents would be quite pissed off. Also, that Kahler worries me. Let me see if there's a direct retrofit just in case.

Comment

Well, the kahler would be a plus, since you could practice swapping it out, and then sell it to me! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] J/k

I'm sure your parents would give you an advance if you asked nicely, or played your amp at full volume, with the door locked until they slip a paper under the door telling you you're getting the guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I already mentioned a second guitar and they HATED the idea. I have 50 euros for me right now but I wouldn't be too happy shelling out more than 200, though this Charvel is worth it.
              haha nice advise! Right now I play through my Hi fi though (I also need an amp for here, mine's in Edinburgh) and I'd probably blow up the speakers though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
              And the neighbours
              And the cat's ears
              Wait thinking about it under this angle, it seems almost worth it muahaha

Comment

I'm gassing for a Squier '51 too.. love the look of it. I haven't played one yet.. but I'll give you a review when I have played one..
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I think it'd indeed be the best idea for me... new saddles, locking tuner, cleaning the fret and filing the fret edges...
                  Point is I'd then need to find a guitar with sharp fret edges haha! Fun...

Any word on the Squier Cyclone?
                  And also, is a maple board more advisable than rosewood? I hear it's harder to maintain.

Comment

Working...
                  X