Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MusicYo Kramers

Anyone know much about these guitars?

I had an email flyer about the reissued 'Sambora' guitar, and it basically looks pretty good to me. I figure that the pickups will suck, but what's the rest of the build like?
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Re: MusicYo Kramers

I have a striker and baretta, great guitars for the buck. Mine has the quad rails which believe it or not are kick ass pickups. The sambora seems to have different pickups, think they are probaly some knockoff of a gibson pickup, since gibson makes these guitars.

I am selling both mine, not because they are bad guitars, just for stupid reasons on each, the striker has a tremelo and i am just not into trem's so much anymore. The baretta is a great guitar, fucking plays great etc.. neck thru the only thing that turns me off is it has a maple board and i am a rosewood person.

I am gonna take it the sambora's probaly play just as well and if you like it go for it.

Comment

I checked one out at a Music Go Round, and it appeared to be a very nice guitar. I don't think you can go wrong for the money they're asking.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I checked one out at a Music Go Round, and it appeared to be a very nice guitar. I don't think you can go wrong for the money they're asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say better quality then more then 80% of the stuff that came out in the 80's including the charvel model series! These are really underated guitars and i think they are not popular due to only being able to get them online. The pickups are killer, the guitar is solid (little heavy) made of alder with maple neck and either rosewood or maple fretboard.

Comment

I have a Yo SG which is outstanding for the money. I play the thing every day. I "think" they have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee also not completely sure on the time limit.
          I just ordered a Voyager which should be here wednesday. Here's a link to a Jersey Star review.
          http://www.musicyo.com/starreview.asp
          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

OK, this has been driving me nuts! In the 80s, weren't strikers plywood and Focus was the higher end? It's is opposite on the musicyo site, Focus are $79 and strikers $229 and up.

Why would they do that?
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

You can't really correlate the series names between the Gibson/MusicYo Kramers and the original series. You're right though the 80s Strikers were plywood.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I have both the <font color=red>"Jersey Star"</font> as well as the <font color=red>"1984"</font> reissue, and they are both good guitars.. and cool also.. I also had a cheap Pacer, but that was way less qualitywise so I got rid of it.

Comment

Pebber,

As a fellow European, how much did you get charge for shipping, how long was delivery and how well was the guitar packed?
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I gotta admit, I get a serious twinge whenever I look at that fancy quilt-top Les Paul that they've got. Less than $500 too - are they any good?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Pebber,

As a fellow European, how much did you get charge for shipping, how long was delivery and how well was the guitar packed?

[/ QUOTE ]

here's a copy of the original receipt:
                      Receipt #P85200432906PUS

Shipped To:
                      Peter Brosens
                      Leuvensesteenweg 130a
                      Hever, XX 3191
                      Belgium

Track this order on FedEx.com
                      Part Name Part Number Quantity Price Total
                      Kramer USA "Jersey Star" Reissue Guitar (Includes Hardshell Case) KUJSAIGF1 1 $799.99 $799.99
                      Shipping $145.00
                      Tax $.00
                      Grand Total $944.99

The guitar did arrive <u>within 3 days</u>.. they're lightning fast! Oh yes, and they pack it very well, and besides, both the JS as the 1984 do come with a HSC!
                      The disadvantage is that you can't escape a supplementary customs cost on these.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I gotta admit, I get a serious twinge whenever I look at that fancy quilt-top Les Paul that they've got. Less than $500 too - are they any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

they are quite good as a matter a fact..
                        and what do ya think about my (rare?) Kramer 6 string acoustic-electric doubleneck?.. payed $499 new!

Comment

I also have a Jersey Star and it kicks ass!

Comment

Anyone have any of the new 1984 ones with or without graphics? Anyone got pics??? They look pretty cool. How do they hold up compared to the new Charvels?
                            My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

I will put it to you this way, i have a charvel model A and i have a newer striker, in my opinion the striker plays/sounds and feels better. Now as to the new new charvels i couldnt tell you.

Comment

Working...
                              X