Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMW in Chuckracer's House!!

Oh, it's good to have friends!!
    THIS ISN'T MINE! Technically. However, the odds of me vaninshing into the woods are increasing hourly... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

This one belongs to The Untalentedone...I'm handeling shipping to N. Ireland for him and get to play it before I ship it...cool perk! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

K...on with the show...

Re: GMW in Chuckracer\'s House!!

Chuck , Thank you buddy !! Post a full review if you can , in your own time [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Mark
    Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

That is smokin'. I'll bet if the auction used your pics, it would've gotten higher bids. That neck PU needs to be cream, though. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

How about some specs and quick review please. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

Smokin'

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

booger-burst...that is sweet one Chuck...I say throw a squire strat in the case send it across the pond [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] tell him you never opend the case [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Beautiful guitar. Congrats, Untalentedone!

Comment

sweet but its missing a fret....sorry i feel lost without it.

Comment

Killer!
                  Another Chuckracer signature guitar?
                  So how does she play?
                  [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Buncha Pics Here...

Whelp..it's alright. I love the neck, don't gel with the body. The lack of an arm cut-away on the front messes with, and forces my wrist into an un-natural position and makes the body feel huge.
                    The neck is an amazing flame, and it's finished with what Lee calls a satin finish. It's nice. It feels nothing like an oiled neck, but it feels good, plays nice if a little sticky. It's humid as hell here right now, so that's probably unfair.
                    1 5/8" nut and 6150 frets. They are lower than I'm used to, but not bad. About the same height as on my Fender necked mutt, but wider.
                    I've got no problems with 21 fret necks, so that's no worries.
                    Pickups are a Cool Rails (my favorite neck pickup) and a '59. The '59 sounds better than I thought it would, just missing a little balls. This is why I like the Custom so well!
                    The volume pot pulls to split the coils, and is pretty effective. I never use that stuff, though, so for me it's a novelty at best and a pain when it comes time to replace the volume pot. I don't even blend pickups. I'm either a front or rear pickup kinda guy.
                    I would rather have a strat-style switch, but the three-way paul switch gets it done, as does the surface mount Floyd.
                    It's a medium weight, around 8 pounds I would guess (no scale).

All in all it's a nice guitar that I can't gel with because of a couple of option choices. If it had an arm cut, I could relax and get on with it, and if it had a strat switch, I wouldn't be here typing this now!
                    It's a medium weight, around 8 pounds I would guess (no scale).

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]Holy crap, Chuck! That's a beauty. I don't know how you do it. Such great guitars coming in only to go away? You're a stronger man than me! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Eh...I'm jaded. I've had 'em all. You may notice that Mr. Untalentedone is smart enough NOT to be buying San Dimas Charvels for me to ship.
                        Huh. Gee Whiz. I wonder why not?? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

man i was watching that auction...it was misslisted too so i guess not too many people found it judging by what it went for. i kick myself for not buying it now. i did get another great guitar in place of it but man is that a beauty. i should have bought it....DOH! your pics make it look even better than the sellers did.

-Mike
                          www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Eh...I'm jaded. I've had 'em all. You may notice that Mr. Untalentedone is smart enough NOT to be buying San Dimas Charvels for me to ship.
                            Huh. Gee Whiz. I wonder why not?? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The same goes to Soldano SLO100.
                            [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Chuck

Thanks for the review . I've never had a flat top strat before , would prefer the arm cut also , but I have a few "normal" strat bodies , so a little variety should be cool .
                              Looks like the '59 will have to be switched out but we'll see . It may sound cool thru the SLO [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] but as you said a bit more balls in the bridge pickup department never goes amiss .
                              The 3 way + coil tap are cool with me also and 21 frets doesn't bother me - I'm rarely up that far anyway and get dizzy above the 20th fret [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              By the sound of it , it needs broken in . It just looks too mint and unplayed . I'll have to change that and instill some Irish mojo while I'm at it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              To be honest , I'm really looking forward to this one because it is a little different than I would usually go for + it's a GMW with a rosewood board .

Mark
                              Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X