GMW strat body ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMW strat body ?

Hey guys, I have a potential deal happening thru a friend and was curious on your opinions. I have a sonic blue Yngwie strat body and my buddies friend has a seafoam green GMW strat body he wants to trade for my Yngwie. Since I haven't seen just a GMW strat body ever on ebay or anywhere else I'm curious if it would be an even trade or would mine be worth more and vice versa. Any help is always appreciated [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Jason

Re: GMW strat body ?

if it is a GMW then it would be considered even or better than a USA Fender Malmsteen imho. If you both get what you want then its a fair trade in my book [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

What is the pickup routing? Is it a swimming pool route, or 3 singles? I would be interested if you wind up not taking it.

-Mark

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        What is the pickup routing? Is it a swimming pool route, or 3 singles? I would be interested if you wind up not taking it.

-Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll keep you on deck Mark. I believe he said it was a swimming pool route, but I'll know for sure tomorrow. I wish I could get the GMW neck with it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I think he's crazy for splitting it up, but it's not mine so whatever [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].

-Jason

Comment

Straight trade.

Comment

yeah, in this case a body is pretty much a body; i assume they're both alder bodies with a decent paint job? there's really not gonna be a noticeable difference, imo.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Cool guys, Thanks for the input. I'll post later tonight if I got it.

-Jason

Comment

Well, I didn't get to see the guitar do to unforeseen circumstances, but he wants my Yngwie body and a neck that I had. I talked him out of parting the GMW out and hopefully am going to do a trade with my parts and cash. I've got $600 toward the GMW and of course he said to tell him what thought it was worth, for the cash addition. He says he paid $1200 for it and here's the kicker it was the last strathead GMW. He says he can prove it with documentation so we'll see next week when I actually get the guitar. I have some more details on it too. It's seafoam like I mentioned before with a floyd, hum and 2 singles, maple neck, and all black hardware. I bet that looks killer!!!! So I guess now I have to decide what I'm willing to pay on top of the trade. I'm not too sure as I haven't seen a floyded sell in a while or at least can't remember what it went for. I know the stratheads are bringing a bit more now and if his claims are true about it being the last one I suppose that could add to the value. Do you think Lee could confirm this or not?

-Jason

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Well, I didn't get to see the guitar do to unforeseen circumstances, but he wants my Yngwie body and a neck that I had. I talked him out of parting the GMW out and hopefully am going to do a trade with my parts and cash. I've got $600 toward the GMW and of course he said to tell him what thought it was worth, for the cash addition. He says he paid $1200 for it and here's the kicker it was the last strathead GMW. He says he can prove it with documentation so we'll see next week when I actually get the guitar. I have some more details on it too. It's seafoam like I mentioned before with a floyd, hum and 2 singles, maple neck, and all black hardware. I bet that looks killer!!!! So I guess now I have to decide what I'm willing to pay on top of the trade. I'm not too sure as I haven't seen a floyded sell in a while or at least can't remember what it went for. I know the stratheads are bringing a bit more now and if his claims are true about it being the last one I suppose that could add to the value. Do you think Lee could confirm this or not?

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen pics of the guitar you're talking about...it looks sweet... the guy was trying to sell it almost as soon as he got it - I'm pretty sure he had it up on the HCAF, plastic still on the pickguard...is it the LAST ONE? who knows - won't / shouldn't matter as they're not serialized. Bottom line - it's a GMW Strathead, snap it up [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Here you go...get it asap.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/triaxi...lbum?.dir=a350

I want to know bout' his Marshalls [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      it was the last strathead GMW.

[/ QUOTE ] He may be working with bad info, it's not the last strathead GMW made. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I know of at least three other "last GMW strathead" guitars out there.
                        I seriously doubt the seller has documentation from Lee stating that it's the last one. Lee doesn't play those games. Like Steve said, these guitars aren't serialized, so anybody can make that claim.
                        As far as stratheads and resale goes, recently I have seen some high asking prices, but selling prices haven't changed.
                        The guitar is worth ~$1200.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I have seen some high asking prices, but selling prices haven't changed.
                          The guitar is worth ~$1200.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Sorry, that was funny

Comment

funny, yes, but also true.
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks guys, that's got to be it. Whether its the last one or not doesn't matter to me. Speed whats HCAF - Harmony Central? From what he said he does have some cool amps. That purple marshall is a full stack and I did get to check out this Moser web page which was kick-azz. He said he may sell that one also.

Jason

Comment

Working...
                              X