Fender Katana vs Jackson Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Katana vs Jackson Rhoads

Less interesting then the Fender Performer, but what do ya think about Fender's answer to the Jackson Rhoads?
    Certainly Fender-unlike..</p>

</p>

Re: Fender Katana vs Jackson Rhoads

They didn't sell well, so they killed 'em. Funny how Gibson did the same with the original V. Damn shame.
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I love those katanas.. never found a real fender one in the netherlands tough.. there's a squier version, bolt-on for 300 euro in a musicstore around here, but I think that price is insane.. but anyway I think the fender katanas look nice, but they can't compare to a rhoads..
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I love those katanas.. never found a real fender one in the netherlands tough.. there's a squier version, bolt-on for 300 euro in a musicstore around here, but I think that price is insane.. but anyway I think the fender katanas look nice, but they can't compare to a rhoads..

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, € 300 is way overpriced [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] for the Squier, which is a bolt-on and my Fender a set-neck to begin with.
        U can find them in the States for about $500, with OHSC.
        And BTW, I do love mine to be perfectly clear, and I'm always interested in another one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

They are pretty good guitars, but nowhere like the build quality and prestige of a USA Jackson. I believe they had issues with the paintwork (It didn't stick to the wood...), which didn't help with the popularity! That being said, mine played really well and sounded awesome, once I'd blocked off the dodgy trem. It also had large lumps of paint missing... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I've never played one, but they always looked unfinished to me. Or butchered. Like all those pubescent luthiers who decide it would be really cool to modify their boring old strat by taking a saw to it. What are you going to do? You cut the horns off it with a hacksaw. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

I kind of imagine the R&D guys at Fender bringing forth a "radical" new design to the boss....
            "uh, guys. It's a flying V. Every manufacturer out there is building some kind of V these days."
            "Well, hang on. We're not quite finished with it yet...... We still have to....um.....cut the bottom horn off?"

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

The story goes that in fact it were the dealers who pushed Fender to come up with some 'radical' design, since there sales were bein' slaughtered around the mid 80's.
              So the boss Bill Shultz of Fender designed it defining it to be "no more ugly then the rest.." (I think he referred to the RR)
              And the players resented it, partially because it wasn't US made (when Fender was sold by CBS, the production facilities in the US were not included, so MIJ it was)

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

Survey says..........

[img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

its the oops i slipped V FUGLY

Comment

the heavy metal dorito!
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I think that's worse than the Gorky Park guitar!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X